WeMod not launching

I am having an issue with WeMod not launching properly. The first time I launch it, a 3 processes show up in Background Processes within Task Manager but no active processes launch. Attempting to launch it again opens it with just a black box. I’ve performed the following steps:

1. Uninstalled WeMod and removed the WeMod folders in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local & C:\Users[User]\AppData\Roaming

2. Re-downloaded a fresh installer and run that.

3. Whitelisted * Update.exe , found in the folder located at C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod

• WeMod.exe , found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod
  • WeModAuxiliaryService.exe , found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-VERSION_NUMBER\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\auxiliary
  1. Attempted to run in Windows 7 & 8 compatibility modes
  2. Ended all WeMod processes in Task Manager including those in Background Processes and attempted a relaunch

Any other suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that you’re having this issue.
This is usually caused by something on your PC or network blocking or interfering with WeMod.

How about the instructions under the other two headers in the thread you got those steps from? There’s a “if the issue continues” and “if you have either of these” headers: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre

Nothing in quarantine, and while I do use Xfinity I am running all my own hardware and nothing is being blocked on the network (though as a side note, the Xfinity/Comcast link in that topic is no longer valid so people won’t be able to follow any instructions that were there).

As an aside, I was able to run WeMod fine a few weeks ago and haven’t changed anything on my system other than updating WeMod to the most current version.