WeMod not working after resetting PC

WeMod was working fine before this and I decided to reset my PC yesterday because it was running slow. After the process was complete I reinstalled WeMod and realized that my games under “Available Games” were gone. So I fixed the custom path to the game’s .exe in the file directories but it still won’t start: “We’re having trouble starting or finding your opened game”.

I did all the steps the other threads recommended such as changing to beta, reinstalling, deleting remaining files in AppData/Local before reinstalling and even resetting my PC once more but nothing works.

Is there anything else I can do?

Which game(s) are you having issues with?

Most of my Steam games: Dying Light, Mortal Kombat 11, No Man’s Sky.

Valheim worked fine though but it still appeared as not compatible for some reason

@frank any idea why rolling back would cause this issue?

Also try deleting AppData\Roaming\WeMod. If that doesn’t work, it sounds like something is messed up with either your Steam library or the game folders being linked to other locations.

Yup I deleted that folder too, still didn’t work. Any recommendations on fixing the library or game folders?

Not off the top of my head, but a log file may help. After attempting to start a game, please go to app settings, click Save Log, and send me the resulting file in a message.

Log removed

I think reinstalling Steam will do the trick.

Okay I will try reinstalling

Edit: Reinstalled Steam, nothing changed

1 Like

A WeMod update will be released shortly to fix this. Please confirm once you update :slight_smile:

Okay thanks! :grinning:

Edit: Worked perfectly after the update, thank you so much!

1 Like

Great, enjoy!