Wemod Not Working

Hi, for the last few days the Wemod app has not been working. I get this error:
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, it is on the allow list for firewall and for virus and threats. I have searched and deleted every wemod file before reinstall and followed every fix I could find on the forum. Can I please get some help with this. Thanks.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with WeMod. If the problem persists after reinstalling, your AV is likely deleting some of the files. Please try adding an exception for these folders C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\WeMod and C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\WeMod

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I have already done this. It hasn’t helped.

@frank

This error happens when WeModAuxiliaryService.exe fails to run. The full path is:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-7.0.9\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\auxiliary\WeModAuxiliaryService.exe

Try adding that file as an exception in your AV software.

If that doesn’t work, press Ctrl + Shift + L and send me the resulting log file. Thanks!

Hi Frank, WeModAuxiliaryService.exe is missing. I reinstalled and it is still missing. I am sending you the log file. Thanks.
WeMod-1613602296283.log (3.4 KB)

Since the file exists in the installer package and nobody else has reported this issue, I think something on your computer (like your antivirus) is deleting the file either during installation or when WeMod runs for the first time.

It is strange. It has been working fine up until a few days ago. When I first got this error I uninstalled & reinstalled a couple of times. It started working again for about a day, then I had the same error again. I haven’t changed my av, & I normally get an alert if it has stopped something. It should not be deleting anything without asking permission, so I am at a loss. Do you have any suggestions. Do you think if I added WeModAuxiliaryService.exe manually this could help? Thanks.

I uninstalled & installed an older version of Wemod. The older version is working fine.
Is there a way to prevent automatic updates. Thanks.

Hi,

i was experiencing the same and found another thread, where the admin frank posted a link to an alternative download for the latest update and now wemod is working fine. I hope it may help you with your problem as well :slight_smile:
Here is the thread: Error While Installing WeMod

Good luck and greetings

Ellisee