Wemod Overlay Not Working in Windows 11

After windows 11 update the wemod overlay has been working very inconsistently. What happens is that if I open the overlay and make changes, it works. But if I close the game bar and reopen, its like the overlay has lost connection to wemod and any more changes will do nothing unless I close and reopen the overlay again. Any suggestions to fix?

@frank

It sounds like Game Bar is suspending the overlay widget. Are you on battery power, power saver mode, or have little system memory available (can be checked in Task Manager)? Regardless, I will check if we are correctly handling resuming from a suspended state.

After this happens, would you mind pressing Ctrl+Shift+L in the main WeMod app and send me the file it saves? Thank you!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Frank. I am on outlet power (desktop pc), ultimate performance power mode, and have 32 gb of memory most of which is usually free. Attached is the log file. This behavior has been consistent for me across all games ever since upgrading to Windows 11. To be clear, wemod is working fine, only the overlay is not tracking the status of the switches. They toggle just fine with the hot keys, however.WeMod-1635869297294.log (93.3 KB)

Thank you for the log file and the details. We’ll look into this, but it may be difficult to reproduce the issue. Many people are using the overlay on Windows 11 with no problem.

I got mine working my adding wemod as an exclusion to the firewall in windows settings and the virus protection.

good afternoon, was it possible to solve? Me too when I upgraded to windows 11 the overlay stopped working, the desktop app works perfectly, but the widget stays on start the game from the wemod application

It did start working eventually but I don’t know why. I didn’t do anything different at I can recall. Sorry I can’t be more help…

thanks for answering