Wemod remote stuck on "Open the WeMod App on your PC"

so i bought wemod pro finally, since the remote sounds awesome, and i was planing on using it a ton with an old android phone so i don’t have to tab out of the game to see cheats, controls and turn cheats on and off, so i finally bought pro, and installed the remote app and it just stays on the “Open the WeMod App on your PC” screen, no matter what i do, looking at some other people who had issues with the app, they said restart the app(which i did) same result, restartet the app(using settings and force stopping it) same result. uninstalled wemod on phone and computer, reinstalled, tried it all again, same result. kinda pissed to be honest that i paid for something, and it’s the one thing that’s NOT working…

Any ideas what i can try?

small update, the web way works… so if i use a browser it will connect just fine, so i suspect something in the app is wrong or not working correctly. still not what i was hoping for… was hoping it would just work…

Did you start the game first on your PC ?

i tried starting a game then connecting, still just says to “Open the WeMod App on your PC”