WeMod Setup Installation has Failed (Squirrel Update?)

I’m trying to install WeMod but I keep getting an error that the installation has failed. Originally my Avast antivirus was enabled, but I’ve since disabled it (and Windows Defender was already off). I looked through the steps mentioned on here to uninstall WeMod and delete the WeMod files from appdata/local and appdata/roaming, but WeMod wasn’t installed and there was no WeMod folder in either of those folders. When I go to open the setup log it opens a log called “SquirrelSetup”, and the log shows this: log - Pastebin.com
If anyone knows how to sort this out I would be very grateful.

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

This is generally due to an antivirus or security program on your PC or network interfering with the installation.

Full troubleshooting is here: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

Hiya!
I did try going through that guide and it currently fails at step 4. As soon as I click the offline installer exe, the installation failed error shows up and generates the same log as my original post. As I mentioned, steps 1 or 2 didn’t apply to me since there was no program to uninstall or folders to delete in AppData. I also checked the virus chest (Avast), and there’s no files which have been quarantined in there.

Sorry if it’s not allowed to bump this, but I’m still stuck. It seems like using the offline installer should be a relatively straightforward step, given it just says “Install the software.”? So I’m not sure why it fails there. Is it possible it’s not an antivirus issue but something else?

Did you follow the rest of the post further down? There are other steps besides the antivirus ones. :slight_smile:

Yes - I don’t have BitDefender or Comcast, .NET Framework 4.6.1 is installed (on Windows 8.1), and I’m not on a school/college network or in a country with restrictive access. The only other thing I didn’t think of previously was downloading the installer on a browser other than Chrome, but even using Opera with a VPN, the installer still fails. I’m really not sure what else it could be.