Wemod Trainer for Civ VI

I’m totally baffled. I’ve previously used Wemod successfully with Civ VI. Then, for reasons I can’t fathom, it stopped working. I’ve tried every darn piece of advice on line that I could find on geting Wemod to work again - nothing has worked. When I try to use Wemod now it hangs and gives me a message, “We’re having trouble starting or finding your game.” Mind you, this is after I’ve used Wemod to successfully start a game in the first place. Does any body know what the heck is going on here? Let me repeat that I have pages printed out with tons of advice - again, NOTHING has worked.

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Where did you get your game from?
Which trainer are you using?
What antivirus program do you have?
Do you have any other third-party mods added to the game?

I bought the game from Steam.

I downloaded the trainer from the “Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Cheats and Trainer for Steam” link. Let me expand a bit. After downloading, installing, and opening Wemod, I was taken to a screen where on the left side was a menu of compatible games, of which Civ VI was one of them. After clicking on it, “Civ VI available trainers” appeared. There was only one trainer option available, by someone named “mrantifun”. I’m not sure if that has any bearing on the problem but thought I’d mention it. As I said before, clicking “Play” just hangs and then I get a screen that says, “We’re having trouble starting or finding your game.”

My PC is using Microsoft’s ant-virus (Defender?), which I disabled BTW.

There are no third party mods downloaded or being used.

Regards,

Bob