WeMod Trainer Problem

For the past few weeks I have been having problems with WeMod and it claiming that my Anti-Virus is preventing it from working for some games, but other games work fine. My Payday 2 trainer doesn’t work, but my Witcher 2 trainer works fine without any problems.
Has anyone encountered this problem, or any ideas on how to solve this issue. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both WeMod itself and even the trainers for the games that don’t work and they still haven’t work.
Thanks in advance!

Hello there! :slight_smile:

What antivirus program do you use?

Make sure the following are whitelisted in the antivirus:

1. Update.exe, found in the folder located at C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod

2. WeMod.exe, found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod

3. WeModAuxiliaryService.exe, found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-VERSION_NUMBER\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\auxiliary

I use McAfee Anti Virus, but for the past few days I’ve had it disabled to see if that allows the trainers to work, but it doesn’t.

It brings me into a download loop. It says that my disabled Anti-Virus is preventing files from working, and to re-download either the game trainer itself OR the WeMod program itself. I download them, retry the trainer but it says that something went wrong and to look at the help page; which doesn’t take me to any valid URL.

This still sounds like interference from an antivirus. Either your own main one, a secondary security program you have (ie Malware Bytes) or a third party one (ie a firewall on a school/college/university network).

Did you whitelist the files mentioned above?

Turning the AV off after WeMod has been intercepted won’t restore the files your AV deleted. So follow the steps in this post too: Can’t Install WeMod.

If you’re still having an issue, please attempt to use the trainer. Then after it fails, go into your WeMod settings, download the log from there and then upload it here by pressing the upload button on the toolbar when you write a new reply.

WeMod.log (16.6 KB)
I think this is the Save Log. Thank you so much for helping me with this.
I reinstalled WeMod with all Anti-Virus’ that I know of disabled prior to download; I’m using a second hand old computer, so I don’t know if there are any hidden ones I can’t find.

Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Kaspersky Internet Security

Is there a reason why you are using multiple AV? The first one is basically malware itself.

Its an old second-hand computer that a family member gave me, a few years to old in most aspects. Both of their subscriptions ran out a while ago.

I uninstalled both WeMod and both of the out-of-subscription Anti-Virus’ and Wemod now works; haven’t a clue why either of them started to conflict with WeMod 2 months after I first started using the trainer/program. Thank you both for you input and help!