Wemod wont pick up my steam games

I’ve been on wemod for a good year. Up until recently it’s stopped picking up my steam games, i just got metal gear survive recently and it refuses to open it let alone acknowledge its existence, I’ve linked the exe to it and it still wont work, any ideas?

We’ve had issues in the past with file paths with special or non english characters causing issues.with WeMod, do you have either of those?

I’ve been having almost the same problem, except that I updated Wemod and it suddenly decided that it didn’t recognize any of my games any more, I tried dragging and dropping the EXE file to the “Game Not found” bubble, but it still won’t recognize it

Try deleting these two folders then re open WeMod.

• C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\Cache

• C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers

It will let me delete the trainers file, but it won’t let me delete the Cache file. It says it can’t be deleted because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.

You need to completely close WeMod before you will be able to delete it.

I did. Everything wemod related I had closed. Wemod is closed and has been for over 30 minutes and it still says that the file is open in wemod. I even used task manager to make sure it was completely closed out

Should I try Uninstalling wemod then reinstalling it?

Did you check the background processes in Task Manager? Or just the ones running in the foreground? On Windows 10 there’s an extra step to see all the processes running in the background:

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Click “More Details”
  3. Scroll through the “Background Processes” section for WeMod.

Otherwise, restarting your computer usually resolves the issue of a file being “in use”.

If those two don’t help, then maybe try a reinstallation, yes. :slight_smile: