Wemod won't run

I used Bitdefender and no matter how many guides I followed to whitelist Wemod, I always get stopped here

I even completely uninstalled both Bitdefender and Wemod from my computer and restarted, but encountered the same issue again even without the AV

Hello and welcome! :slight_smile:

This is caused by something on your PC or network interfering with WeMod.
When you uninstall your antivirus, another program called Windows Defender takes over, which cannot be removed because it is permanently embedded into the operating system.

See this post and follow all instructions from top to bottom: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

Thank you for the response, but after carefully following the instructions on this guide I was unable to resolve the issue yet

Hello and thank you for the update.

• Turn your WiFi router off. Wait 30 seconds (to allow the signal to completely dissipate). Turn it back on and try again.

• What antivirus and other security programs do you have currently?

• Are you at home or at an institution like school/college/university?

• What version of Windows do you have? Windows XP/7/8/10/11?

Well currently I only have bitdefender and windows defender, I am at home and am using windows 10

BitDefender is a very troublesome antivirus that can be described as a trigger-happy cowboy. There have even been reports of it blocking critical Windows 10 files that Windows relies on to run smoothly.

BitDefender has also blocked WeMod for some users before even though they added it as an exception. Check your quarantine menu in BitDefender for any WeMod files stuck in there.

I’d recommend switching to a different antivirus. A free one is just as good as a premium one, as long as you’re smart and don’t click unknown links on the internet.
But if you’d rather keep BitDefender, you’ll need to do some tweaking: How to white-list WeMod in BitDefender!

Well I haven’t found any quarentined files in either Bitdefender or Windows Defender, but as I said before even with Bitdefender uninstalled I faced the same issue

i dont know how much this method working for u. for completely uninstall the product. better check it once more with BotDefender Uninstaller Tool or use Revo Uninstaller Tool to remove WeMod with clean up registry. This tutorial will be likely looks alike with watching some YouTube videos man.