What happened to horizon!?

I really dislike how everything’s just a single column. I know you can change it which imo looks a lot better but it’s pretty annoying how it just reverts back when clicking a section.

What do you mean by a single column.

Don’t worry, the thanks were imported as likes. Your totals are still the same (I actually screwed up and they’re all x2). You just won’t see them on the individual posts. It was too complex to import that data.

I logged in and was like, what? I’ll give it a shot, the new layout puts less strain on my eyes. So that’s a plus.

The one on the left is the default. The one on the right looks way much better imo.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah I made the “Latest” tab the default. It’s much easier to find the topics that people are posting in. I think the category layout is overwhelming.

1 Like

It got bigger and better!

Meh this new horizon is way more confussing than the original. Horizonmb.com was organized. I don’t really find this orginizaded but soon hopefully I might get used to it :confounded: Also when did they get google emojis? xD Well atleast way more emojis :yum::joy:

1 Like

What’s with the new name?
It sounds like something that should have “wordpress” or “weebly” attached to it.

As for the forums themselves, just seems cluttered now.
Especially having the bar that is always there at the top of the page, then having a reply window open…it just looks “squished”.

Edit:
Why am I no longer “_Sean _”?

(and why are underscores counting as a form of BBCode?!)

Edit2:
More browsing around, a dark theme is REALLY needed.

WeMod because we mod the games!

The new forum software does not allow usernames to start with a symbol. All posts use markdown instead of bbcode. An underscore on each side is a formatting option in markdown.

We do not plan to make a dark theme, but a browser extension can easily be made to toggle it.

1 Like

So, why Discourse and not something with a more traditional structure like Xenforo?

Categories instead of forums just seems like anyone new will more than likely not click on that and instead just see latest. Hell, the original layout was nice with having latest as its own thing above the actual forums.

Now, it’s just more clicks with areas buried under other areas.

1 Like

I think you answered it yourself, traditional. Not everyone wants traditional.

1 Like

Something tried and true is better than a cluttered mess any day.

1 Like

Me personally I love it, it is simple, clean, and elegant. The design sure could use some time to get used to, but let’s be honest it looks pretty damn sweet. Good job, Frank, Zach, and the entire dev team!

Right bro, I used to come to Horizon every day just to see what was going on even though this place was dying so bad. TTG and Se7ensins has pretty much taken over this place. I’m don’t think I’m going to bother coming back, it’s really not worth my time adjusting to this new layout, the reward isn’t enough.

1 Like

I give up. Make the new website mobile compatible or I will leave.

I’m on my phone now and it’s fine…

Me as well. It’s clean and easier to use than the old site…

Also zzsnakeszz, way to go acting like a toddler throwing tantrum. I assure you that attitude will not be missed.

1 Like

Wow to some of the things you guy are complaining about. Absolutely ridiculous that a site you’ve been part of for a while has a change of design and you throw a tantrum because you can’t be bothered getting used to it. HMB needed an overhaul and now it’s here. Catering to both PC and Xbox modding. Real time mods with your mobile? Seriously get a grip and mess around in the site.

I know how imature that sounds but if I can’t navigate the site I have no other option then to leave. But now I noticed not rotating the screen helps.

I dont mind the change, what I am sort of disappointed in is the lack of communication. An easy email in advance would’ve been a nice heads up you farts!

Lol jk but seriously idc I’m down with the metro setup and sleek design.

Edit: Would also like to add that the mobile browsing support is far more superior than before.

+1 ZING!