What the hell happened?

With the new app update, I lost at least 2 dozen cheats for games that were working perfectly before the app update. What gives? How is that reasonable? Will these be added back? I feel like the benefit of my pro subscription was just taken away with no notice

Hello. :slight_smile:

Your post is not very clear. You could be asking about three different things.

If you’re referring to a trainer appearing to have less cheats:
Click the History button, which is under the Play button in the trainer, then select the most recent version of the trainer in the list.
WeMod usually detects what version of the game you have and automatically selects the relevant trainer version for it.

If you’re referring to cheats being removed from updated versions of the trainer:
Cheats get removed if they were causing progression or stability issues in the game, if a game update made the cheats too time consuming (or even impossible) to keep developing, or if the game developers have gotten in touch and decided they want the cheat(s) removed from the trainer.

If you’re referring to trainers being removed from WeMod:
No trainers have been removed from WeMod. Make sure you are looking under the correct category filter when using the search tool. Or use the webpage: WeMod - Browse All Supported Games.

Ok thanks, so a few of them were under the History button, but again, why? When I looked at the game after the app updated, it showed “no cheats for this game” even though there clearly are ones under the history button, so this is terrible UI and should never have been released this way.

The other games are still gone. It’s mostly GoG titles. The old version of WeMod had the cheats for the GoG version, now this new one only has Steam and the GoG one is empty. So what happened there? All in all, this new app seems poorly designed and far worse than the old one

Hello. :slight_smile:

As said, WeMod detects what version of the game you have and automatically applies the relevant trainer version. The reasons that WeMod might be selecting an older trainer for you might be because:

• Your copy of the game is in need of an update, ie because you may have turned off automatic updating.
  • Your copy of the game is cracked and is either therefore out of date or confuses WeMod because not all the game files are where they’re supposed to be by default.
  • The game’s developers changed something in the newest version of the game’s .exe, which has resulted in WeMod not correctly detecting the new .exe version.

Which game is this for, by the way?

The History button has been around in WeMod under the Play button for years. Long before I was here at WeMod, it’s nothing new. In fact, it has just become easier to see since WeMod 7 was recently released, because those with poorer levels of eyesight kept missing it (which as far as I am aware was the only complaint our millions of users have ever given us about the History button). But that was rectified by making it stand out more and so far since then, there has been no further negative feedback about it.

As said, nothing was removed from WeMod. What games are you having difficulty finding?