Windows 7 SP1

The current public build of Horizon is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Service Pack 1. We already have a fix for it, but it won’t be in effect until the next Horizon update. So if you want to install SP1, remember that Horizon will NOT run. If you already have SP1 installed, you can uninstall it from your Control Panel.

Edit:

Thanks for telling us your the best :stuck_out_tongue:

Uhh how do we tell whats installed? Lol.

SP1 takes 15 minutes to an hour to install. You’ll know when it’s installing.

What is service packs sorry for being derp :\

Good to see you made an announcement :wink:

Thanks for this, hopefully will stop some threads and solve some problems!

A service pack (in short SP) is a collection of updates, fixes and/or enhancements to a software program delivered in the form of a single installable package. Many companies, such as Microsoft or Autodesk, typically release a service pack when the number of individual patches to a given program reaches a certain (arbitrary) limit. Installing a service pack is easier and less error-prone than installing a high number of patches individually, even more so when updating multiple computers over a network.

Source : Service pack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go to your Control panel, Uninstall Programs, then look for SP1 in the list then uninstall it

Just thought I should let you guys know that running Horizon in compatibility mode fixes launch errors with SP1 :smile: Hope this helps!

Running Horizon in compatibility mode does not work, already tried that.

^ Agrees.

lolol ****ty Windows 7 SP1

Hurry up and release the update. Windows auto-updated to SP1. Lol.

It works for me and I have SP1 installed. I don’t know what settings I may have changed on my system but I don’t have any problems. Sorry guys, if I knew they small details I would let you know.

My apologies for misleading you all.

Doesn’t work. Just tried it with running compatibility with windows 7 and both xp modes. Neither worked

I tried running it in compatibility mode for every windows version and none worked.
So, you must be lucky. Lol.

I’m looking through my services that are running right now, I have turned off several network services in the past so it may have an effect. I’ll keep you updated. For now, I’ll consider myself lucky. :wink:

It doesn’t run well with avast either
A fix now would be nice or even a betas beta :laughing:
A windows progrom runs when I launch horizon
WerFault = Windows Error Reporting

There is a fix for the Avast Problem.

Uninstall the Behavior Shield, or upgrade Avast Completely to version 6.0 Beta

Thankyou kind sir
I haven’t used horizon has I didnt want to remove avast,I only used horizon in virtual xp mode which is horrible.
just rebooted and horizon works fine :thumbsup: