Wouldn't play mods on same game within minutes

TLDR: Wemod won’t run mods on games that worked 2 min ago

So I was playing (Game A) with the mod on and then I exited (Game A) and started to play another game (Game B). Tried to play the mod for it when it wouldn’t start the mod stating “We’re having trouble starting or finding your opened game” so I tried going back to playing the previous game (Game A) thinking it was just either for Game B when it did the same thing for Game A. Weird. I was literally playing Game A with mods not even 2 min ago. So I searched the forums and couldn’t find an answer as it wasn’t because:

1. it’s not just one game that the error shows
  2. not blocked by windows defender (i checked the whitelist/exclusions folder)
  3. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod but the same problem still showed
  4. Restarted computer four times (in-between each step including this one).

I think I have the most updated version (v8.3.18 as of 2/3/2023) but I don’t think it’s a version or bug issue as I was running the program and problem happened in-between games (Wemod wasn’t closed in-between games and it’s not on an infinite loop or load screen).
Help? Need help to run the mod on some games

Hello! :smiley:

If the trainer has a “Notes” button in it, click this and read the note. Some trainers have special instructions in order to get them working.

Otherwise, try the following:

1. Launch the game first, wait on the main menu for a couple of minutes.
  2. Alt+Tab to WeMod, Press Play.
  3. Alt+Tab back to the game.

Another thing to check is that you’re using the latest trainer version. Click the History button underneath the Play button in the trainer, and select the most recent trainer in the list if it isn’t already.

If there’s still an issue:

• What games are you referring to?
  • Which store are they from or are they cracked?
  • Try to launch the trainer until it fails. Then go into the settings menu of the WeMod software, download the error log from there, and upload it to your reply in this thread, by pressing this button on your toolbar:
    UploadWemod

Thank you and have an awesome weekend! :slight_smile:

Hello.
*If the trainer has a “Notes” button in it, click this and read the note. Some trainers have special instructions in order to get them working.
Some of the games I am trying to play do have the notes sign but some don’t. I was able to start games from trainer and now, it won’t even acknowledge where it was installed (I’ve also specificed the install path too)

*** What games are you referring to?**

• Dungeons 3
  • Oxygen not included
  • Rimworld
  • Surviving mars
  • Sims 4
  • War of mine
  • Wargame Red Dragon

*** Which store are they from or are they cracked?**

• Steam
  • Origin
  • Epic

*** Try to launch the trainer until it fails.**
I can’t even get it to start so…

*Then go into the settings menu of the WeMod software, download the error log from there, and upload it to your reply in this thread, by pressing this button on your toolbar:
WeMod-1675542169068.log (63.3 KB)

This makes me think your antivirus is preventing WeMod from launching the trainers. Try adding WeMod as an exception to your antivirus by following the instructions here
https://support.wemod.com/docs/why-was-wemod-flagged-by-my-antivirus

Hi. in my original post, I already explained that I had already whitelisted Wemod folders.
below is a screenshot of it

Also, that would not explain how the trainers were working one minute and the next, I can’t run any trainers (but the application is on but the trainers itself is not running).

As an update, I played Endzone - A World apart and the trainers work for it… so i went back to my other games and it works again. strange…