Xbox 360 disk tray problem

my xbox 360’s disk tray opens a little bit then fully and then I put in a cd,dvd or 360 game and it closes fine but it will not read any thing at all plz help:(

Open it up and see if it’s jammed by something.

When you have a disc inside and you close the tray, does it say on the xbox reading disc or open tray?

If it says open tray your disc drive is on the way out. My last phat xbox did that, I had to literally hit the top of the xbox with my controller for it to read discs. After a while it stopped reading them altogether whether I hit it or not. I think it’s time to call microsoft and see if your warranty is still going.

open tray plus I have had it for 4 yrs

Well, like Zodiac13 stated earlier, if the console shows “Open Tray” then I think it’s time to consider either upgrading to a X1 or purchasing another Xbox 360 console; that’s obviously all based on your income, decision, etc. I myself had this same issue back in 2011 with my Xbox 360 ‘Arcade’ and after many times of trial-n-error of getting the console to either read or not read the disc I decided to save up some money and upgrade to the, at the time, new 250GB - Xbox 360 ‘Slim’ edition.

Best of luck and if still have any questions/concerns than don’t be shy in posting them here!

laser is ****ed in the drive. there is no fix for this other than replacing then configuring a new laser or replacing the drive which is not as straight forward as is may sound as you need the key from the current drive to flash to a new drive and will prob end up costing more than a core 360 . As the guys above suggest its time for a new console