Xbox One File Format Query Potential Exploit

Hi there,

Can someone tell me what file format the Xbox One games come in.

My question may seem basic but don’t judge… there’s a reason for asking and may help the bigger piece of the puzzle.

I have experience modding Xbox 360 games to work on non modded consoles mainly via exploiting DLC.

Anyway… can someone let me know what makes the Xbox One file format different to Xbox 360 and also if anyone has successfully opened up an Xbox One demo or game let me know please?

Thanks

Daymos

Xbox One uses .xvd files as far as I know. Xbox 360 used .xex. As far as I know that is the only difference besides the encryption.

The Xbox uses XVD files, which are a derivative of Microsoft’s VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) file format. Most of them are encrypted.

Don’t forget about your thread about the modding status!

Thanks for the info guys…

I will have a game promo today 2 weeks early and i hope to see how the DLC is stored when its released within the next 10 days.

I may be able to get access to the developer tools which they use to open and close the .xvd files.

If so it will be risky business but i’m willing to share the tool if someone is able to make their own from it rather than use the actual tool?

I don’t want it to trace back to the original developers

1 Like

If it’s an official tool created by the Microsoft team then your best bet would be to send it to Cheater then he’d be able to determine what happens from there, if anything. Not promising it’ll be of use but there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

ill find out.

If i managed to get my hands on the tool, it would save us months if not years trying to create it from scratch

1 Like

is there a thread for this? just curious