Xbox One Game Sharing Questions

All you have to do is call microsoft and ask them if they can remove restriction, i did it yesterday and they did.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but I had a question if you have three consoles A,B, and C and A sets B’s. Xbox box to home B sets C’s Xbox at home and C sets A’s Xbox as home so that it makes a circle between them each being able to access the next persons games and dlc? Has anyone tried this I feel like if each is able to take from the next it would complete a circle?

I’m not sure if it’s changed but you can only share on TWO consoles at one time. There is only A & B but no C.

You’d need two copies of the game… but here’s what my friends and I are doing…

Friends A B and C

A links his xbox to C’s account

B links his xbox to A’s account

C links his xbox to B’s account

Then we collectively decide on what games we’re buying, and who buys them. Everyone takes a turn, and we rotate who purchases.

Quick question. Okay you know there’s ebay with sellers that sell accounts for… let’s say Overwatch… you buy it and they send you the account information to download the game. And they somehow did this with others. Can I have the account set as my home console and download the game while I’m also already gamesharing with a friend ? I don’t want to not be able to play the games I have downloaded before…

You can download all the games you want. But as you keep switching profiles and setting different accounts as the home console, it will only allow you play games linked to that specific profile. Attempting to launch a game after will just throw an error message at you until you switch back the profile that owned the game.

But I have another Question:
I want to buy a game but a digital code does not exist for that game, instead people make Microsoft Accounts; buy the game digitally on that account then sell that account. I am currently game shared with a friend.

I am Console A, my friend is console B, and the account will be Console C.

If A and B are shared together then C shares to A, can B play the shared games on C?

no, that is not how it works

Would this work? If I have gta and my friend wants it he sets my account as the home xbox. i dont set his tho. but then i want a game from another friend and i set his acoount as the home console would that work?

Would this work? If I have gta and my friend wants it he sets my account as the home xbox. i dont set his tho. but then i want a game from another friend and i set his acoount as the home console would that work? …

it means your friend would be able to use your gta and you would be able to use your other fgriends games,
Game sharing works between to parties not three

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. But please don’t take my word for it.

Is this like a legit feature now? You don’t have to give the other person access to your account details like license transferring on 360? Curious also because I just ordered a one via amazon.

Yes, it’s a legit feature. However, I think it still requires giving out your account information. If you are a little cautious though, just add a ‘button-combo’ password once you have set it up. That way, the person your sharing with won’t have access to your account after.

I think if you change your password associated with your Xbox Live account, that will then cause an issue because the console will detect this meaning your gamesharing buddy won’t be able to access your content until they login again with the correct password, and if they change their password also that means the same for you. I’m not 100% on this though.

PS;- I thought you already had an Xbox One?

Nope, I’ve been rocking 360 & PC until now. Just decided to get a one so I won’t be left behind with destiny dlc.

Thanks for clarifying though. I probably won’t bother with gamesharing, I just don’t trust people.

:laughing: so… If you don’t have an Xbox One, who is that on my friend list…!?

Zodiac imposter comming for your money :wink:

1 Like

I know there was another Zodiac here from the days of HMB. My gamertag hasn’t had Zodiac in it since 2008 though.

This is my gamertag, feel free to add me

Added you sir! I can always do with another Destiny player.

1 Like

So anyone wanna gameshare with me? Lol