Xbox One Game Sharing Questions

i love how u gave us a link even tho its nothing to what i am saying read that link he is only talking about games with gold not games u buy like NBA 2K17

It’s about Home Xbox:

Everyone in your home can share digital games with each other. Your Xbox
One can become your virtual game library filled with digital games that
different people in the home bought.

Don’t try, it is not the answer, they think is right.
Clearly I’m just not as intelligent as Lord Weiner

Name calling really isn’t necessary…

@sNaKe is right though, this thread has gone way off subject. Let’s try to bring it back to its original purpose and drop the whole debate altogether. Myself included.

2 Likes

i like lord weiner sounds nice but back to the topic lol u can do it all im saying is be careful its not only just a xbox thing people can hack u and steal your ■■■■ easy its happen to me before

I’m sorry you were socially engineered :joy:

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been on lately. My niece is getting to be a real handful as she is about to be 3 in 9 days. I figured I would see what is going on here in this particular thread.

@weiner23 Sorry to burst your bubble on game sharing, but it is and will always be a feature. It has been a feature since the xbox one came out and it was a feature discussed before it came out. There is no rule stating that you cannot game share with anyone outside of your household. You will not get banned or get in trouble for doing it. I should know, I have been game sharing with the same person for almost 3 years now. I have his account on my xbox and I have his home xbox set to be my console, and my accounts home xbox is his console. As for being careful, I am pretty sure that we are all careful. Not once has my account got hacked and had my personal info stolen. I am sorry that it happened to you, but I only trust certain people, as in people I have been friends with for the past 5 to 10 years on XBL.

@killah4eva 1. They did impose limits on the game sharing feature. It is similar to the license transfer on the Xbox 360. On the 360 you could only do it once every 4 months and whoever you license transferred with would gain access to all content purchased from that day all the way back to when your account was created. on the xbox one you can game share with only 1 person at a time. If you say game share with me on day 1, you can switch to a different person to game share with on day 2, and then switch it to a different person on day 3, but you wont be able to switch to a different person until 1 year from the day that you originally started game sharing with the first person. If you do a home xbox switch every 4 months, you are falling in line with the license transfer system on the xbox 360. 2. When you are game sharing with a person, they have access to all of your games, apps, DLC, and your gold membership. The guy I am game sharing with doesn’t even have gold right now and he is able to access all of the features that Gold has as if he actually had a gold membership himself. I know that all games and DLC will work, and there is certain DLC that does not work. I pre ordered Infinite Warfare for the free Black Ops 3 COD Points and he was not able to access it.

@Troy I changed my password when my friend did the whole home xbox switch and he is still able to access everything. The system does not check to see if the account has the correct password as long as long as the home xbox account is on the xbox one itself.

I am sorry that my comment was so long, but I felt it best to educate weiner on one of the key features of the Xbox One. Zodiac, if you know somebody that trusts you very well, I suggest seeing if they will let you just log into their account and use the game sharing feature. It literally takes less then 30 seconds to do it. I hope everyone is doing great, I miss being on here.

1 Like

If I gameshared with a friend (got on their account) would they have to get on mine? A friend of mine wants me to play Ark with him and I don’t own the game, I wouldn’t have to give him my account in return for his gameshare correct?

@Zodiac - all you would have to do, is recover his account to your console and he will recover your account on his console. You will have to exchange passwords to both accounts becuase you will have to access each other’s settings to switch home consoles. Once this is done there will be NO reason for either of you to sign back in to each other’s accounts. You will resume playing as you normally would on your own profiles.

In your situation regarding playing Ark with a friend though… That in theory should be possible and you shouldn’t have to hand over your account.

@Zodiac if you don’t have any games digitally, then there wouldn’t be a reason to let him have access to your account, unless you used the 360 dashboard or the Xbox.com website to buy any and all free games that came out and there was something he didn’t get that he wanted.

As for gamesharing with your friend, as long as he is not gamesharing with anybody, you are all good then.

Hi there , I have a simple question , if I am currently gamesharing do I have access to my account and can I still play games or will it mess with the person I am gamesharing with ?
His internet is slow and I am craving to jam some xbox so this is the problem .

use proper grammar if your going to try to insult someone tell me does saying i’m sorry you were socially engineered sound like proper grammar to u lmfao

Try using punctuations

1 Like

His grammar is always proper. Social engineering is a thing, Google it if you don’t believe it.

You always ask us questions or for help with things. We always steer you in the right direction and try to help you the best we can. If you’re not going to trust anyone on the internet you probably shouldn’t ask for help here. You’re wasting your time and ours. Not everyone is out to get you man.

2 Likes
2 Likes

ok i don’t know what the ■■■■ u are talking about i did not make this thread nor did i ask a question i simply responded to what i thought so back the ■■■■ off me…

@staff Havent this derailed enough? Maybe close?

1 Like

What ? No!

It has been entertaining

2 Likes