XBOX ONE – How To Install A Bigger Hard Drive!

do not do this unless you want to brick you’re console. Wait until June’s Xbox ONE update where External HDD’s can be used

Multiple people have already done this without bricking anything. Obviously, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

You are clueless. Please shut the **** up.

This post is 4 months old. Mods please close.

Hi
Some users including me searching desperately the files to rebuild an xbox one hdd because our stock died!

i’m offering a DONATION to anyone who dump and upload those files & have a paypal account :wink:
thanks a lot

Hi
Some users including me searching desperately the files to rebuild an xbox one hdd because our stock died!

i’m offering a DONATION to anyone who dump and upload those files & have a paypal account
thanks a lot

Sorry for the last post!

My xbox stock hdd died and i don’t have the files needed to rebuild a new one!!
if someone as those file to upload , this will save my xbox one , thanks

Hey guys, I know that the internal drive can still be changed.

Here is a thought: people always say that replacing the internal HDD is pointless because it is SATA II and that the external USB 3.0 is faster than SATA II.

However, if you put in a SSD and connect with a SATA III cable would that not be better? Or would it still be limited to SATA II Because of the receptacles on the motherboard? And if it would be, how about saudering them off and replacing with and upgrade? Dont ask me why - this is just for fun. :smile:

Any thoughts from experienced users who can answer this with real world applicable knowledge? I know we can use external but is there a way to upgrade the internal to SSD and not be limited by any SATA II connections?

Thanks! C HUNTER 32 :smile:

The new j -runner is suppose to be able to create a hard drive also… they added xbox one hdd tab…

Has nobody seen this yet? I have one and I added a 4 TB internal hard drive to my xbox one and you cant even tell its there. I hope this helps:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/collective-minds-collective-minds-xbox-one-media-hub-183654001101/10323155.aspx?path=e18ffab06ff70b7d1c908cd90629410den02

Can we still swap the internal hdd? thanks.

Yes, but getting an external hard drive will have better performance since USB 3.0 is faster than its internal SATA II hard drive connector. You can find examples on YouTube.

What size hard drive would I use? A 3.5?