Xbox One Modding Status

He said that 6 months ago and nothing else has been said since. rip xbox time to move on to wii bois

RIP modding.

Time to hack PC games again.

Because I figured weā€™d have something by nowā€¦but we literally have barely anything.

Iā€™m happy about it because once the console is modded (Iā€™m sure itā€™ll happen) that means weā€™ll start seeing more cheating on Xbox LIVE via Xbox Oneā€¦and thatā€™d suck.

Yea I agree to that but I also liked being able to do stuff for fun, I:e build better halo maps, mod Minecraft, give items you generally donā€™t get in games, and etc. I wish games were like in the past that you beat the game and unlocked cheats that were fun in single player:)

So from what i read an exploit like the one for xbox360 is far from beeing discoverd

So until then it would not be easier to make a software that cracks the games so that they donā€™t connect to internet and just be played on the consoleā€¦like in the old times when we played a cracked game on pc ???
Xbox one software is practically windows on console

The Xbox One game files are signed by a key only Microsoft has. To bypass the signature requirements for running a game (or ā€œcrackā€ it), we would need an exploit to patch out the checks.

hope this time would be alot easier than 360, god, i just miss the GameShark & Action Replay in the old gen consoles :anguished:

there has been no new updates to xbox one modding in months

Cause its not easy to start exploiting the console that fast.
You most likely have to wait years.

The boy who cried wolf

Not entirely true, my mod is wording fine, i have even updated it with tips.

after you fladsh your 360ā€¦ lube up your xbox one case real good like its stiflers momā€¦ and shove the 360 in thereā€¦ wrap in some electrical tapeā€¦ (match the tape to console colour for aesthetics of course) and then play burnt xbox games on your heavily harware modded xboneā€¦

Update: we are currently working on modifying this method to work with the original xbox and perhaps even a ps one with a robotic hand hotswap mechanism built in.

Dat grammarā€¦

so what does everyone think about not only the backwards compatibility for 360 games on xbone, but also the fact that xbox is going to allow mods created on pc to be used on the xbone for fallout 4? does anyone think that it will make it easier to mod xbone

means it would be easier to mod falloutā€¦ this wouldnā€™t mean you could mod the console in general.

wellā€¦ maybeā€¦ we were able to softmod an original xbox with splinter cell and a game save, as well as 360 with king kongā€¦

so maybe they could make something that happens to run linux. but still doubt it

was just thinking, since xbox one couldnā€™t play 360 games natively on the console, or at all for that matter since the console was based off x86 architecture and not PPC (at least according to microsoft), then they must be doing something with the console that runs a form of PPC right? Which should mean, in theory, an easier way to exploit the console? by doing something with that portion of it or hell, even a soft mod of some sort? AKA king kong? :wink: lol

The King Kong hack was possible because of a hypervisor bug and Iā€™m sure they didnā€™t include the exploitable ones for the emulator. Still not much is possible because we donā€™t have access to the game files from the HDD. The best bet would be modifying disc images so we can actually edit some game files but I donā€™t know of anyone working on a custom drive firmware for the Xbox One drives or if modified burned Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox One, which I doubt.

They donā€™t.

I got a idea. You know how they fool the x box 1 into running X box 360 games correct? What if you guys could come up with a disk format that will be read as a 360 game? then when its read you install it into the x box 1 hd. In effect software modding it. then transfer the file into X box 1 main HD to allow you to mod saves of XB1 games.? thereby bypassing the security correct?

Seeing as how Fallout 4 will have a mod manager most likely and seeing as it automatically backs up a non modded file so you don tlose your game forever it would seem possile that modding might be closer than we thiink.

That makes no sense at allā€¦ Do you want someone to make a game disc that mods xbox one saves? And did you read the above posts?

That isnā€™t possible.