Xbox One Modding Status

is there any luck yet?

Well excuse me for having a idea. Fallout 4s mod creator will most likely have the microsoft algorithym in it if its broken down correctly. Bethesda had to get permission from Microsoft to do it because of the possibility of security breaches in the XB1 OS it could exploit.

Rightā€¦

Fallout 4s mod creator will most likely have the microsoft algorithym in it if its broken down correctly.

Nope.
Most likely will act similar to the Steam Workshop where mods are submitted and then users can download / install directly to the game.

Bethesda had to get permission from Microsoft to do it because of the possibility of security breaches in the XB1 OS it could exploit.

Which is why Microsoft will never just blindly hand over anything like that to ā€œmod creator[s]ā€.
They will just have all mods submitted in a closed system.

Anything that adds in .DLLs will most likely never be allowed, so no Fallout 4 Script Extender, and so the mods would then be be restricted to only small scale plugins and replacers.

Theres no point in modding F4 then is there? todd howard said that player created quest can be made,so that would have to allow for dll adding. until it comes out you dont know and are just speculating. also mods will be created on pc and ported over due to its code allows it. i doubt there will be a mod prog onthe xb1 itself unless bethesda releases a geck light similiar to what was done with halo.

MS isnā€™t just going to allow people to add mods in without them being screen.

according to hines they arent working yet. i assume they are having to code a universal scripter to accept mods on F4, A bethesda only one most likely. Of course there wont be no ENbs or retexture crap but some mods are better than none. Still it seems that i guess no ones smart enough to break a XB1 save encrytion either so Ill just take a wait and see approach to see which happens first.

The most recent development for a new possibility is the xbox360 backwards compatibility.

actually a team has been doing some interesting stuff on trying to read code through cloud servers, we cannot yet hack any xbox one hardware, but the games run on cloud servers, if those servers are not completely secure you can sniff data such as actual xbox code that goes through these servers.

Supposedly gears of war beta had some interesting finds and this team is waiting for it to come out as a full game and run sniffers programs on USA - Latin-america and EU servers to try get more.

ā€¦

Furthermore they supposedly have been aiming at some sort of hard drive emulation based off of this dual cloud/hdd thingā€¦ but no idea what that isā€¦how it would work TBH.

Take Your Time Making The Xbox One Modding But Why Is It Hard What Is Stoppping You Tell Me Please.

Why Do You Type Like This?
R.I.P English language.

Language evolves over time and generally improvesā€¦that whyi write likeā€¦this ā€¦ its the new version of punctuation.

Or do you speak like william shakespeare, or even the original version of english which actually sounds like german and you wouldnt understand a word of?

Youā€™ve been typing like that for years, it still hasnā€™t taken off.

1 Like

There team made it possible to MOD xbox 360 in the safest possible way whith little error, if oyu dont like it then you know where to go.

Maybe the Windows 10 UI will help us crack the Xbox One in November.

I mean canā€™t you just use your console normally for modding if you have a sandbox ID, and somehow get onto normal XBL with it? Because in theory (Correct me if iā€™m wrong) Every xbox one is a development kit.

Might as well just get a PS4, at-least there you can pay to have people go on your account and unlock the specific trophyā€™s you desire

however there are people that do that just to grief others, when they have access to the account they sell everything on the account on a specific game at low prices ect so everything you worked so hard to get is gone, those are some of the types of people who went over to the PS4 and no iā€™m not saying they are all like that but i wouldnā€™t want to use a system that even has that option to allow people to have control over your system via internet connection.

I guess for everyone who missed this. I will drop this here :thumbsup:

http://pastebin.com/7GJ2QcAz

damnā€¦ 7sin really piling info on this topic but its tumbleweeds hereā€¦dafuk.

Whats going down?