Xbox One Modding Status

I’m experienced with modding the 360 and I recently looked at the information we have on the xbone. The problem for an exploit I’ve seen is no clear starting point to focus on. In my head the only thing I can hope for is a fluke like the King Kong shader exploit.

The members here aren’t trying to hack the console, and we like to keep things to ourselves.

ah…yes… potential profits;)

Okay so i am not new to modding I used Horizon on my 360, but i am curious as to how long it could take for this XBONE modding software to take off. If you need any testers i am wiling to do so just hit me, I give feedback for just about everything. Oh and shouldn’t the new Xbox Experience allow you to make it easier to mod?

It can potentially take a good few years, maybe longer for any real major breakthroughs. The new Xbox One Experience won’t provide any advantages, it still currently does not allow you to move your GameSaves or Profiles to a portable storage device. Until that happens, there is not a lot that can happen.

Well they better hurry cause i am not playing any other games besides destiny until its just as the 360 was, which i sold…doesn’t matter i can wait…i spend all my money on destiny servicing

Im curious with Xbox one releasing backwards compat,and emulating the 360 on it shoudnt it be able to be hacked easily?

It will make no difference. Its still the same system with the same secrity.

clearly isn’t if there isn’t a major breakthrough.

If only they could find away to also decrypt the local cache saves, and to get pass the anti-tampering method that they used.

when is the xbox one version coming out

I would say in 5-10 years and by that time the new xbox will probably be out.

3 Likes

Personally you should expect less.

I wouldn’t say so if you were replying to Chris that is. The 360 came out in 2005 and the One came out in 2013. That’s 8 years. I doubt Microsoft will be coming out with another console anytime soon.

1 Like

you never know. the original xbox came out in 2001 and the 360 came out only 4 years later

True. But I don’t see what they could improve on honestly. They improved a ton from original Xbox to the 360.

Thought he was actually asking when the xbox 1 would be fully exploitable. Not when a new console would appear :confused:

As for the xbox 1 being fully exploitable. They where reading and writing things to the nand like 6 months ago. When People know things v.s when they tell us is totally different. They might improve the current xbox 1 by doing the same thing they did with the 360 phats v.s 360 slims. and make a new console type.

Sorry i wasn’t more direct when looking at the question @Pav :grinning:

Has anybody been able to get anywhere with the dev mode activation for the xbox one?

I havent seen anything but i highly doubt it.

were*

1 Like