Xbox One Modding Status

do you know anything about XDKS? An xbox one XDK would cost thousands of thousands of pounds for how rare it would be, you don’t need a developer kit to research and look at file formats.

Does anyone know if the Xbox One allows you to access your gamesave hexadecimal files?
If so, Horizon can surely be developed for Xbox One.

There is no such thing as security we always say :smile:
Looking forward to getting my hands on one too but no time right now

1 Like

Could you even try to work on “mod tools” when the system memory is inaccessible? Besides ripping out that HDD…

We need a next level cloud server hack that allows us to view our cloud files VIA pc.

1 Like

see thats what i was thinking save game editing via the cloud… until external storage is supported

1 Like

While I love to mod, I highly dislike it when people mod online/achievements/etc, things that effect other people. You can say achievements don’t, but people (myself included) work hard to get high GS in a legit fashion.

However, mod the bloody hell out of everything else. I know I’ll be trying.

Just thought I would post this bit of info as it may prove useful…

Something I have noticed it that if you play games on the X1 then go back to your 360 to play another game, your GS still increases on the X1 although it’s a 360 game acheivment. So in theory, you can can still mod your gamerscore in Horizon and it will increase on the X1!

1 Like

Disc drive are you meaning ? Or what?

1 Like

Flash drive modding obviously won’t even be able to be researched into until there is external drive support.

1 Like

maybe if you skype i can helps lel.

1 Like

Since this is a new console I cant even think of all the exploits that you guys will bypass

1 Like

all i care about is game save modding, using completed 100% ones, and the ability to unlock achievements (for those nearly impossible ones)

1 Like

Cheater, you’re still rocking it! Nice to see buddy.

1 Like

xbox one XDK :wink:

1 Like

http://www.xboxonecrunch.com/forum/threads/270182-Xbox-One-NAND-Dumped

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool
Each file is about 1,2GB in size and (unlike the Xbox 360) contains a batch of XVD-File´s.
As unknown v2 stated here, those XVD Files are the successor to STFS (which makes sense, if you ask me).

Also, unknown v2 stated here that the internal HDD is formated as NTFS, which also makes sense, since the Xbox One is using a modified Windows 8 Kernel.

Microsoft stated here that the Storage Management is “automatic”, means that the XbOne syncs everything every time you connect to Xbox LIVE (just like on the 360).
If you count all those official informations and unknown v2´s insights together (hes really reliable and I trust him regarding this), its no suprise that there is no External Storage support.
A external Storage formated as NTFS is easily readable, even if it would be a second Partition (which is unreadable if its not a HDD).
Since Microsoft is syncing everything with the Xbox LIVE Cloud, you shouldnt expect USB-Support anytime soon.

Now, I would be interested in looking thru the HDD, see if the Architecture is just like on the 360 (“000(…)” Folder for everything, single folders for each Profile) and how the XVD Files look like.
The link on the top already allows us to take a little look at those Files, although without someone “pro” looking into the NAND (which is encrypted) this is going to be painful, since it looks like the importand parts of the files are encrypted (Filetable, MetaData etc etc)

1 Like

They are adding it, it was just missing from the launch OS like a lot of other things.:wink:

1 Like

Yeah can confirm this, it’s been said by multiple representatives that external storage is something they are deffo adding in, I mean, why wouldn’t they, think of all the extra money they’ll make from people buying “official” microsoft hard-drives.

1 Like

****, youre right …
I think it was Sony who wouldnt want to add that Feature >.<

Well, if they want to add that afterwards, it will probably be one big File (since they use NTFS now), with some added security and a NTFS Partition inside.

1 Like

I think they will just create a hidden folder in the root and place .xvd files in there. Much like the “Xbox360” folder for Xbox 360 USb storage.

1 Like