Xbox One Modding Status

Have you guys made any progress yet?

Nothing as far as exploits go. File formats are doing great.

1 Like

The day it gets modded is the day I purchase, for now im still with my 360 :smiley:

How much longer can you estimate?

I donā€™t think they have a time estimate. You will just have be patient.

Could be months.
Most likely years. The Xbox 360 wasnā€™t modded for a long time.

It took them like a month from what I remember

It depends on the scope of the hack. DVD firmware was figured out first, but that wasnā€™t really a system hack. It took a few years for the first reasonable hack to allow unsigned code to come out, which allowed us to obtain the keys necessary for modifying profiles and game saves.

From the look of things, a full hack is needed here to obtain your per-box key which is fully encrypting your content, which is all stored in XVD/XVC files.

Iā€™m just saying that Microsoft has learned a lot from the Xbox 360, and I wouldnā€™t underestimate their security, especially on a console that is heavily dependant on Xbox LIVE.

1 Like

So many scams out thereā€¦ damn canā€™t wait till someone makes bigger breakthrough

KingKong Exploit = Shader Hack = Modified DVD Drive :wink:

Thats actually the ā€œeasiestā€ step, but I guess theyre not going to make the same mistakes twice :-/
Lets just wait and seeā€¦
I didnt look that much at any files yet, but I doubt that theyre completely encrypted, since that would be too performance consuming.
Only ecnrypting a Header or something like that would be more effectiveā€¦ but as I said, no idea, barely looked at it, not interested in the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

It becomes useless to modders who want to exploit the games on the Xbox one. Too bad we wonā€™t be seeing any hard drive or external storage for at least 6 months.

All user content is stored in a single, encrypted virtual drive file. We have to be very careful with making a driver for it because one wrong read/write can destroy all of your data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 Like

10/10 Too easy.

1 Like

So saved game content is all stored in just one xvd?

Hello people, i just want to know if i can use my xbox one controller in my xbox 360 consoleā€¦

Thank youā€¦

No. The controllers are not cross compatible.

No, each title has its own ConnectedStorageContainer, and they neednā€™t worry about destroying data since all title storage is synced to the cloud whenever possible.

1 Like

Microsoft are set to release an update next week for the xbox one including storage management.

Are you serious? If they change it, it would mean all this work was for nothingā€¦ @#$@#%@#%

There is 2 updates coming. First one is 11th day of this month and next one is 4th of march