AC trainers seem to only be working on Steam Deck with the Ubisoft version, not Steam

So when I got WeMod working on SteamOS, the Assassins Creed series was the first i reproduced the method on to make sure it could be reliably done. But the trainers didn’t seem to be working. The cheats would just turn off when they should be activating. Trainers for other games outside the AC series work fine, so today i decided to take just one of them and troubleshoot it to see if i could narrow down the problem. Turns out that the trainer for Ubisoft, not Steam, is the only one that works. Only tested out unlimited HP and money so far, but neither worked with the Steam trainer. Given that WeMod on SteamOS is still uncharted territory i wasn’t sure whether to put this post in trainers or support since there is no telling if its a trainer issue or a WeMod issue. I suspect that because Ubisoft Connect launches first, that WeMod is registering the exe as the Ubisoft version. To launch WeMod after the game would be to inject the exe, but while the standalone trainers work with injection, WeMod just doesn’t launch unless you fork it, which launches WeMod before Ubisoft Connect.