After clicking play it stays in an infinite loading loop

I can’t use wemod anymore. After clicking play on any game it goes into an infinite loop and never actually starts the trainer.

I have tried logging out and back in, closing all processes for wemod in task manager and reinstalling it and none of them work. When I try reinstalling it I get the error you can see in the image below.
errorwemod

I’ve already tried different solutions I found on the internet for this installation error but none of them work and apart form the regular windows antivirus software I don’t have any antivirus software. I will include the log I got with the installation error for extra info.
wemod installation error log.txt (36.6 KB)

Hello and welcome to WeMod. :slight_smile:

Make sure WeMod is up to date via the settings in the software. The latest version at the time of this post is 6.2.16.

If it is up to date, please try this:

1. Uninstall WeMod using the “Add Or Remove Programs” feature in settings/control panel.
  2. Disable your antivirus.
  3. Re-download and re-install WeMod directly from this link: https://api.wemod.com/client/download
  4. Once installed, add WeMod as an exception in your antivirus before you launch it.

You’ll need to log back into your account after reinstalling, via the “Switch User” option when you click the down arrow in the top-right of the desktop app.

If the problem still persists:

1. Click the down arrow in the top-right.
  2. Go to settings.
  3. Under the general tab, switch to the beta release channel.
  4. Close WeMod completely from Task Manager.
  5. Launch WeMod again.

There are additional steps if you have either of these:

Let us know if this helps or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. WeMod is up to date.

As for the rest of your points:

Uninstall WeMod using the “Add Or Remove Programs” feature in settings/control panel.

I’ve tried uninstalling WeMod using this feature, but after I click on delete it doesn’t disappear and I can still use WeMod. Before this I tried uninstalling it by deleting both the folder in appdata/local and appdata/roaming and this didn’t seem to work either.

Disable your antivirus.

Other than the regular windows antivirus I don’t have any antivirus installed.

Re-download and re-install WeMod directly from this link: https://api.wemod.com/client/download

This is where I get the error message you can see on the image in my first post.

Once installed, add WeMod as an exception in your antivirus before you launch it.

I tried this before reinstalling WeMod and it didn’t help.

I tried the beta option as well and that one didn’t work either.

There are additional steps if you have either of these:

I have neither of these so sadly they can’t help me.

Hey there!

One thing you can try AFTER uninstalling via control panel [add/remove programs] is delete the WeMod registry keys in regedit under Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wemod and Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\infinity if that exists:

Just right click and click ‘delete’ on the folder.

If you still have trouble, here’re steps for a clean reinstall that have worked for others:

1. Uninstall WeMod via control panel then delete the two WeMod folders:
  • C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod
  • C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\WeMod
  1. Reboot your PC then install from this link: https://api.wemod.com/infinity/download

*Verify that WeMod is indeed removed AFTER rebooting your PC.

Let me know if this is still giving you trouble after these steps :slight_smile:

I tried deleting it using the control panel, but that didn’t work so I deleted the WeMod folders in both appdata\local and appdata\roaming. After this I deleted the register keys in regedit for both wemod and infinity, rebooted my pc, verified WeMod was deleted and tried to install it through the link you posted but it gave me the same error I got the first time I tried reinstalling it.

If it helps at all I got the same error when trying to reinstall discord and the fixes I got there didn’t help either.

Can you upload the ‘Setup Log’ from your original post? Frank may need to look into this.

EDIT: Just saw you posted it at the bottom… :man_facepalming:

If it is happening with both WeMod and Discord it is probably an electron issue. What is your Windows Build number? You can find it by pressing windowskey+r then typing winver and then copy the entire version line and post it here.

Version 1909 (build of operating system 18363.592)

I’ve been able to reinstall it using the steps from this video: install fix but I am still unable to use WeMod.

Do I have to do something with electron? If so, what?

Anyone have any new information for this because it still doesn’t work. I’ve tried solutions from other posts but they don’t work.

Apparently the issue wasn’t with WeMod in this case, but with something in Windows being corrupt. After reinstalling Windows 10 WeMod works again.