After GPU driver update, Infinity is crashing games

I was updating from Nvidia driver 381.89 to 382.53, and after critical moment of about 15% installation, when the screen flashes, it froze my PC (no kb/m response). So I though that after many updates my drivers must had broken and use DDU to proper uninstall it on safe mode. Deleted the previous decompressed installation folder before tried again. And everything installed smothly. Restarted the OS to make sure that is fine.
So, I though that, pehaps, that would fix my previous issue with The Evil Within, the problem is the game crashed after I alt-tab to activate the trainer. Running the game through Infinity also make it crash after the Bethesda logo intro. I tried with all 3 games that I mentioned on that topic, and all crashed. No matter if I start though the app or after. Doom even took a long time with a black screen before run. Testing the games without Infinite, is working normally.

Let me say that it was working before. I did not changed anything else on the PC, except that clean install of new drivers. I even tried the suggestions for fixing. Checked the “run as admin” on both Infinity.exe (main and version folders). Deactivated the anti-virus, and also make sure that Infinity is set to “allowed” instead of auto, for both “Infinity - Cheats and Mods” and “update.exe”.
BTW, Infinity folder still have subfolders named as old version. I assume that is OK to delete it?

The only thing that I didn’t tried yet, was to reinstall Infinity.

I’m screwed? How a GPU driver update will cause such issue?
I reinstalled Infinity, but still crashing the games. Also I was already logged into Infinity, so I assume that the info was stored somewhere.

Damn, I just want to have some fun with old games. :disappointed:

Appears to be related to recent infinity update. @frank will update you when he can.

1 Like