After running a trainer Windows Update and Defender not working

After running a trainer for Assassin’s Creed Origins and restarting my PC, Windows Update gives an error: 0x80070424 and Windows Defender doesn’t start and can’t be started.

I’ve reinstalled Windows, played the game, rebooted a few times and all is well. I downloaded Infinity and ran the trainer and the issues came up again. Reinstalled, tested again with a Far Cry 5 trainer, issues happened again, and I’m positive its something with Infinity.

Anyone ever experience this?

Infinity does not affect neither Windows update nor does it affect defender in any way.
It’s a huge coincidence that it happens when you start Infinity.

Do you have an Antivirus installed?

I just have Defender and Malwarebytes free. This has happened with previous trainers too. It’s very odd. Never used to happen then about a month ago it’s whenever I start a trainer then reboot my Windows Update and Defender are not functioning.

Check if you’re not already infected.
You could also check win defender and update startup mode in services.

When I ran a trainer with Infinity or a stand alone, it would throw the error for Update and Defender wouldn’t start. I’d scan with antivirus or Malwarebytes and see a couple Trojans. I’d do the cleanup, then in my services I just cannot get either to turn back on. Update is corrupted and Defender can’t be started.

This hasn’t happened a few times and each time I do a clean install. Very frustrating. It’s something with the trainer. I did nothing else but download infinity and AC Origins on this fresh install.

@frank could Infinity corrupt Win defender and update in any way?

jbarr open cmd as admin and type in “sfc /scannow” (without the quotes).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-code-0x80070424-with-windows-firewall/ec3fc3b8-69ec-4b4b-a703-4b745fe6e8ee

No, infinity can’t corrupt files but it can be corrupted by antiviruses and other software.

What trojans does malwarebytes detect? Is your copy of ac origins legit? Or cracked?