After the update, I am unable to connect to WeMod

I had no issues with the previous version, 7.1.2, but when I opened the software after a long time of not using it, I discovered that it had automatically updated to version 8.9.0.
The problem now is that whenever I click on any game, it displays the message “Can’t connect to WeMod.”

I noticed that the error indicates that it can’t retrieve resources from https://api.wemod.com/v3/games/68360/trainer?gameVersions=&locale=en-US&v=2, with error code 403.

However, I can successfully ping api.wemod.com from my computer’s command prompt (CMD).
I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1.Uninstalling WeMod, downloading the offline version, and reinstalling it - didn’t work.
2.Disabling antivirus software - didn’t work.
3.Adding WeMod to the whitelist - didn’t work.
4.Restarting the computer - didn’t work.
5.Using a VPN - didn’t work.
6.Disabling the VPN - didn’t work.
7.Replacing the network on the same computer - didn’t work.
8.Replacing the computer on the same network - works. (However, I do not intend to use WeMod on this computer.)

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

1 Like

When you added WeMod to your antivirus’ whitelist, did you add these folders?
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\WeMod
and
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\WeMod

Yes, I have added both directories to the whitelist, but it still doesn’t work.

@frank @User_N4m3 can you help? maybe my hwid or ip is banned or something?

You are not banned and if your IP was blocked, connecting from a VPN would work. If using it on another computer works then there is something on this PC blocking the connection.

What antivirus are you using?

I am using Huorong Security, but I have tried to uninstall it, then turn off Windows Defender, restart the computer and still cannot connect to wemod.

I am having the identical issue also with the latest update.

I have not been successful in resolving this.

me too

I also have tried all the same troubleshooting steps and am unable to resolve this issue. has anyone figured it out?

I’ve recently had the same issue and pushed it up the chain directly to their dev staff via the support email, grizzly. If I get a working solution from them I’ll be sure to post it here.

That said if anyone has this same issue and has a fix, for gods sake, post it here.

Hi, TheDarkTraveller, have you received a response from the developer? Is there any solution? It’s very sad, my problem is still not resolved.