Another user that can't get Infinity to start

Add me to the list of users who can’t get Infinity to start.

What I’ve tried:

• Installing as admin
  • Reboot after installation
  • Running as admin
  • Uninstall Infinity -> reinstall
  • Disabling all antivirus/malware protection
  • …/Infinity/Storage/ folder doesn’t exist so can’t try deleting infinity.sdf
  • Latest VC_redist and .net dependencies are installed

I’m running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Build 14942.rs_prerelease.161003-1929

With task manager open, Infinity doesn’t even appear in the list after double clicking it to start. Are there any startup log files stored anywhere that I can check?

1 Like

That’s kind of odd. Are you sure Windows DEFENDER protection is also disabled ?

Have you tried using some other OS, just to rule out the possibility of an operating system issue ? It could be possible that Windows 10 OS automatic updates might be messing things up, as this OS is still in a beta stage, to be honest.

Anyways, If need be, FORMAT your OS, and install a clean copy of Windows. Check your Router/Modem firewall settings as well.

Some other APP/program on your PC might be preventing INFINITY from starting properly, IMO.

Close all background applications, including any monitoring tool like FRAPS, MSI AfterBurner, RTSS, GPU Tweak, just to name a few.

try reinstalling windows 10, maybe thatll help. :slight_smile:

I would just like to thank you for doing research before asking for help. :slight_smile:

Users have reported how they solved similar issues by doing seemingly minor things, so there are still things to try before giving up.

[quote=“dooooofus, post:1, topic:19902, full:true”]…/Infinity/Storage/ folder doesn’t exist so can’t try deleting infinity.sdf
[/quote]

That seems to be an issue. Do you get cloudflare prompt when you visit wemod website? if yes then try using a vpn and then open infinity or restart your router so you don’t get cloudflare prompt.

If you’re using avast antivirus, make sure you add the whole infinity folder to exception…avast has been recently picking up other files in infinity folder. Simply disabling an AV isn’t enough for most antiviruses as they have services still running that block whatever it thinks is bad so don’t forget to add to exception list.

Infinity not appearing is an issue with themida/antivirus/internet so you have to figure out which is the culprit.

1 Like

Just wanted to update that I no longer experience this issue. Whatever was causing it seemed to only exist on that specific build of Windows(161003). I’m on 161103 now and Infinity works fine.

1 Like