Ban Risk for Online Achievement Unlocking in 2021

Hi, I am new to the forums and was wondering about the ban risk when using Horizon to unlock achievements. I have read several posts on the topic but most are fairly old at this point.

I’d like to be able to use the program to unlock online achievements for Halo 3, 4 and reach. I intend on unlocking them one at a time with maybe 15 minutes between each one depending on their difficulty. So maybe no more than 100-200 gamerscore per day.

I am wondering if a site like TrueAchievements could detect this or if I could get banned my Gamertag banned. I have also seen some posts mention the “millisecond” tags when unlocking achievements. If I understand correctly is Horizon the only achievement unlocker that inserts random millisecond unlock times?

I appreciate any advice as to how to do this without getting banned. i.e Do I leave my console online when I insert the USB containing my Gamertag? (This part confuses me a little)

Thanks.

2 Likes

As far as I know, they haven’t suspended/banned/reset since end of 2018 since it is no longer actively maintained. Haven’t seen one account affected since. So do whatever you wish.

TrueAchievements will I think mainly just detect achievements considered “unobtainable” and if a lot of achievements were unlocked at .000 milliseconds as all tools didn’t use milliseconds except Horizon more recently I think. Not sure if they care about achievements being unlocked just fast as you can randomly earn achievements fast in certain situations, not sure if repeating it would just eventually cause it to be checked. I don’t see much of a reason to care about being on their leaderboards anyway but it would probably require you to be very careful the more you do to look legit. Personally, I think it’s a waste of time to try stay on it but your opinion.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t recommend doing it anymore as they actively ban accounts now for a lot of consecutive unlocks in a short time, I would avoid unlocking multiple achievements in a short period of time (as in for many games in a short time).

2 Likes

Best way of doing things is do what i did. If you have played a game for a few years. Unlock the achievements a year after your last achievement. Spread them out and unlock the last 1 or 2 of the day you mod them to make it look like you just jumped back on to completed the game. Also make sure you Spread out the times

Ehh, I don’t believe that is true, all that matters is what their automated check looks for, which is recently be tuned to look for lots of rapid unlocks (which is probably the easiest method for them) since they decided to go after people again. I had accounts banned that didn’t even mod achievements just had lots of fast unlocks from using tricks on games to unlock achievements very fast. They could have just also targeted all the accounts I had on my device at the time or had used somewhat recently with the ban of the first account or two. Anyway I’m just going to avoid lots of fast unlocks (not doing multiple games in a day) so it doesn’t trip the detection that is likely what I mentioned. The best method has always been to take your time and don’t rush it.

1 Like

idk about that this one guy redemption denied got like 30k the first half of this month so idk about that

Did you ever end up doing this? If so, what were your results?