Borderlands 3 issue after PC upgrade to Windows 10

Been using WeMod since the game was released with no problem. Upgraded my system and forced to use Win 10, lost my Win7 code. The game still runs fine but when I activate a cheat it closes the game every time. Any suggestions where to start?

Hello and welcome to the WeMod community. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll share a few troubleshooting steps. Crashing is annoying. :weary:

1. Restart your PC. Sounds too simple to be a fix, I know, but it works sometimes.

2. Check your drivers for any updates.

3. Make sure your copy of the game is up to date.

4. Go to your Epic Games library via the Epic Games launcher. Find Borderlands 3 and verify the game files. The update to Windows 10 mightā€™ve moved or corrupted something in the gameā€™s files. In such case this should fix it.

5. Check your antivirus (including Windows Defender if you use that). Make sure both the game and WeMod are not being blocked by the AV.

• If your game was blocked, turn off your AV, perform step 4 above and then step 6 below before you launch it.
    • If WeMod was blocked, turn off your AV, uninstall WeMod and re-install it from this link: https://api.wemod.com/client/download. And then do step 6 below before you launch it.
  6. Add both WeMod and the game as an exception in your antivirus, even if you canā€™t see anything being blocked.

7. If youā€™re overclocking, stop. Try without overclocking.

8. Run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

9. Check for Windows updates.

• Windows 10 currently uses DirectX 12 and Direct3D 12, which are exclusive to Windows 10. There might be a Windows Update that will install these separately from the ā€œupgradeā€ from Windows 7.
    • If you have a large update pending, this is something youā€™d probably prefer to do overnight while you sleep. It could take a few hours due to the prehistorically dumb way Microsoft downloads updates.
  10. Make sure you have these two or that they are up to date, wouldnā€™t surprise me if Microsoft didnā€™t update these when you went to Windows 10:

• MS Visual C++ (Link)
    • .NET Framework (Link)
  11. Uninstall and then reinstall the game. Be sure not to delete your save files (back them up in case).

Hopefully one of these helps. As a fellow gamer I know itā€™s annoying having to do all of this. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like