Bought A New Car (Chris isn't allowed in this thread)

Well good. I’m glad you have too much house. You must be managing things well. I too have mid-west roots. I was born in the Black Hills and lived in South Dakota until my fifth grade year. I remember southern winters. Capable of some serious weather, but fittingly short. Ahh trade offs. I have seen the Northern lights 3 times this season. Even got some reds in the last show. That and a Moose or two live nearby.

Definitely not a too much house issue, just not a solid basement for anything, used to work down there but got very bleak staring at grey cinder block all day. I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights, I imagine photos do not do it justice.

Not if they are dancing across the sky. The real active displays are very special indeed. 3 times out of 4 the colors are meerly green or white for me. Colorful and active is rare to have together. That and it’s almost always below zero when they come out, so you have to really gear up if you’re going to watch them for a spell. Trade offs. I miss a 3 month winter!

1 Like

Alaska is definitely more of a pick-up dominated society. I’m guessing most of us hear tricked out and think of lift kits, sexy suspension parts, big old tires and light bars. Toyota does very well up here. As does Subaru.

Nice car smoke

Funny Chris didn’t pop off more. The jury is out. Live it up I say! Perhaps there’s a story to it