Bought A New Car (Chris isn't allowed in this thread)

Nah the Chevy cruze was a travesty for sure, but one of the very few left that you could acquire in a manual. I do like the suburban look and drive, Ford has gotten better over the years so we’re not putting anyone off the table until we’ve test drove them all and given it a little to see if they have any quirks or problems off the manufacturing lines.

2 Likes

I probably shouldn’t have necro’d it, but hey it gets us talking about stuff other than games and trainers.

I didn’t expect to hear that it was still alive & well. @Instinct must take great care of it and not beat the hell out of it, otherwise they need repairs every other week. I highly recommend looking into some Japanese SUVs or trucks when the time comes. The right ones will last forever if taken care of properly. I’ve owned about 40 different vehicles since 1995, a good mix of domestic and imports and the ones that seem to just keep going with little work even with super high mileage are Honda & Nissan built stuff. Nissan these days is going downhill but their Infinity stuff has always been solid if you choose the right ones. Toyota/Lexus are also great but I always bought the used ones that developed issues. That’s just how the car game goes, used or new, you might get a good one, or you might get a lemon, or something in between.

1 Like

Reading the thread. That’s what my daughter started out with dodge dart was cheap payments were only 150$ a month worst thing she only got 10,000 miles a year and after 3 years she had 50,000 on it :open_mouth: had to take a Damm loan to pay over miliage !!
But now has Chevy CRUZ nice car but close the door and sounds like it’s alumium foil hahaha
I myself had to stay gmc/ Chevy. They built the Cruz right up the street from me in lordstown OHIO !

Also we have a business and going to people’s house’s some actually get offended if you drive a foreign vehicle. Still get all the time " thanks for buying g.m "

I’ve always been a Honda fan but I haven’t been wowed by anything they’ve offered outside of the general mechanical reliability of the cars. Especially their SUVs/Trucks. Would love it if they came out with a stylish mid-full size SUV with a more aggressive look!

My first love was a Ferrari Testarossa, being to young to drive at the time of course. When my time came I settled with a 2 thousand dollar Dodge Omni. Ah to be 16 again. That car taught me not to get too caught up in the looks of an automobile, and to just enjoy the ride. Nicest thing about that car was the 10 inch JL Audio subs and my first Pioneer CD player. I still like the look of the 300M. Wouldn’t mind one of those.

1 Like

I like the look of those as well, they didn’t do too hot in crash testing though. That’s one thing time and time again I’ve seen the cruze do fantastically on.

1 Like

Agreed. Good friend from work swears it was the safety features in the Cruze that allowed him to only break some neck vertebrae and not die when the full size pick up rear end him a couple years back. He has since retired and immediately purchased a brand new one. It’s slick looking and smelled wonderful when I stuck my head in for a look.

1 Like

Yepp Cruze is a nice and affordable car. Too bad the idiots at GM closed lordstown
That was the end of the Cruze. Well the brand new ones

Nothing can EVER imitate that new car smell, it’s wild. I’m a hit or miss fan on the newer look, I think it needs aftermarket touches or it’s ugly.

@ptondo That’s where mine is from, toured the factory a few years ago while they were producing the new cruze before launch so I didn’t get to see everything but it was pretty cool

1 Like

Am I still not allowed here?

2 Likes

The jury is still out, we’ll allow it for now

2 Likes

I think it would be ok.
As long as he isn’t gonna be mean. Lock him out again !

1 Like

It’s fun to watch the 3 of you. I wonder what my work relations would look like to people I’ve never met. I feel for you Chris. It sounds like we are always one step away from loosing Instinct to Chevy’s marketing division, and that ptondo is far to fun for this world. I hope it’s warm where you all are.

1 Like

Ya thanks. And thanks for being a pro member helps out a lot
Actually lucky this time of year here it like 50 degrees in Ohio.
Usually would have a shitload of snow havnt even used the snow shovel once this year yet !
I see where you are is usually pretty cold ! ?

1 Like

@jtkrueger Would never leave WeMod for Chevy, they’d just outsource me eventually lol
Also, it’s cold over here lol worst of winter is inbound probably this month. Just lit my fireplace for the first time this year >.>

Oh no problem at all. WeMod is exactly what I was looking for, and you were helpful and responsive. You sell the brand for sure. Makes sence with Ohio. Cool people from that state i must say. Sounds like you missed the worst of the winter so far then. 50 degrees sounds neat. Poor little shovel. He’s just a boy. Sorry, i love Slingblade. Quote Carl a lot I do. About 10 days ago a good long cold snap ended here in this part of Alaska. The worst I saw was 25 below. Now we are looking at 30 or so and moving above freezing soon so they say. You a city girl?

1 Like

Don’t you ever get outsourced. You seem cool as well. Though I think you should light that fireplace more often. Even if just for moods sake. You out east? Or is this an Ohio party?

Hahaha naa I’m a guy an old one at that lol
Wow 25 below unreal worst ever over here was probably like 5 below couple years ago
Neat thing on TV is Alaska state patrol which is pretty good to watch
Getting back to the car , We actually had the Chevy Cruz plant here but gm closed it like a year ago idiots !

The main fireplace is in the basement and it’s not often it’s occupied anymore since I moved my computer. I too am from the midwest so Ptondo and I get similar weather :slightly_smiling_face:

I fear for the Automotive industry. As much as I want to move away from Big Oil, I don’t really want to feed the empire of the likes of Elon Musk. I wish the car companies would get back to having to earn our love rather than zazz us for our money.