Can this be fixed? [System Update Stopped]

i get this error when i turn on my xbox even if i put every hard drive i have in the xbox is says this message/ i have also tested no Hard drive!!!

Thanks For Your Help

Thanks For all the help you guys!! i fixed it

i pushed the sync button to apply the update and i turned on the xbox and i put the 16197 dash on my usb and it worked!!! (that’s the dash what corrupted)

i must of corrupted the dash update i tested all of the other dashes and it did not work i just had to use the 1 i corrupt

but thanks you so much the xbox was about to go in the bin! :wink: ha

I think in this time of need, I’d take out the hard drive and blow in the sata plug and plug it back in…like good ol’ times.

Or

Delete the system update cache? (I haven’t owned an xbox in forever, but I remember slightly there being something like this).

V I like muffin’s idea, also.

http://www.xbox.com/system-update-USB

Download the latest dash to your pc.

Then unrar/unzip and copy the $systemupdate folder and default.xex to root of the (format fat 32) USB and plug to xbox 360 then restart the 360.

Try that and post back with any luck.

this did not work!!! :anguished:

Try this.

Remove failed update files.

It’s pretty easy to clear failed system updates; hold the sync button down on your Xbox 360 console. It’s the little white button that you typically press to link the system to wireless controllers. Keep holding it down, and press the power button to boot the console. Do not let go of the sync button at any time. The console should completely boot up, and in the process, it will delete the new, failed system update, allowing you to boot your console and try to re-download the system update that you need.

or

Returning the System to Its Defaults

1: Prepare the console for a system reset. Remove any discs inside the Xbox. Then turn off the console.

2: Turn the console back on by using your controller. To do this, press and hold the controller’s “Power” button, located in the centre with the Xbox logo, until your console turns on.

3: While the console is still starting up, press and hold both the “Y” button and the right trigger at the same time. Continue holding both of the buttons until you see an Xbox 360 logo on the screen.

4: The console will now restart and you will see the Xbox 360 logo again on the screen. At this point, the console’s settings should now be reset to their original defaults.

Did you copy both items ? If not try burning to a CD-R then see if it detects that way.

If you use imgburn do copy files to CD and drag and drop the files and if says something about the folder being directly put to root of the CD press yes then put the other file on there too.

http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb - sorry mymistake

Thanks For all the help you guys!! i fixed it

i pushed the sync button to apply the update and i turned on the xbox and i put the 16197 dash on my usb and it worked!!! (that’s the dash what corrupted)

i must of corrupted the dash update i tested all of the other dashes and it did not work i just had to use the 1 i corrupt

but thanks you so much the xbox was about to go in the bin! :wink: ha

which did you do first? im having the same problem. explain it step by step please

which did you do first? im having the same problem. explain step by step please