Cannot install wemod

failed to extract installer i have antivirus off

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Your post does not contain enough detail about your issue. However, there is a troubleshooting post that resolves this issue 99 out of 100 times for WeModders.

Please follow the instructions in this thread here: I can’t Install WeMod / "There was a error installing the application" - #2 by Ravenfyre

Hi @Ravenfyre I have read the thread multiple times and tried all the steps but still does not work,
would posting the setup log help

Hello! :wave::smile:

The next thing to do is to make sure that your version of Windows is up to date. Type “Check for updates” in your task bar search box, then select the result under system settings, and go ahead and check for any pending updates to your operating system. Outdated operating systems can cause such problems as well, though less commonly.
Be aware that if your operating system is several versions out of date, it may take several hours to complete the update, even if you happen to have the best internet on the planet, due to the rather dumb way that Microsoft chooses to download and install updates.

Before doing that though, double check that your system clock’s time and date are correct then try WeMod again if it had to be corrected. Yes, I know that sounds like something to raise an eyebrow at.

Otherwise, yes, the log would be handy. Thank you. :smiley:

I get a failure to install then get asked if I mannually wanna install it; click “Yes” download the file and then I get the same error?

Please follow the guide posted above.