Cannot update or install

I went to run WeMod today and it prompted for an update.

I downloaded the update manually but got an error when installing it. It got caught somewhere between the uninstall and reinstall process because it is no longer installed on my computer.

I downloaded the installer from the website and ran it. It downloaded and started the install, but that failed with the same error.

I chose the option to download manually, which I did, and ran it and got the same error. I tried running as administrator as well.

Error:

I looked at the log but it seems to be related to a different, unrelated app I have installed on my computer.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit 19044.1826 (21H2).

I found the log file. Put it on pastebin since the forum system seems to think there’s links in it.

I figured it out. There was a “squirrel.exe” that was somehow locked and could not be deleted. It’s in the path C:\users<username>\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-8.3.1. Used LockHunter to delete the file, rebooted, and was able to successfully reinstall.

I am having this exact same problem, but there’s no squirrel.exe to delete

/edit

1. First, I performed a fresh update/reboot.
  2. Then I manually disabled all of my anti-everythings.
  3. Then I manually uninstalled the previous version of WeMod.
  4. Then I rebooted.
  5. Then I disabled all of my anti-everythings again.
  6. Then I manually verified the uninstallation of the previous installation of WeMod.
  7. Then I rebooted again.
  8. Then I reinstalled the current version 8.3.5 successfully.

I also had this problem… however the file was not in appdata temp.
c:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\

I found the exe here instead… i deleted the whole directory and then the setuplog gets placed in this directory so you can see what errors it came up with.

After this however it worked to install from the official setup.