Everytime i toggle a cheat in any game it just turn back off

I have tried uninstalling the game witcher 3 and reinstalling, the same with wemod, the toggles now work and can be turned on and off, but the game is still stalling for long periods of time during game play. Sometime within a scene, sometimes screen goes black. No controls work, window buttom doesn’t allow me to close windows or task manager will not close them, so all i can do is close down laptop. In order to restart game… But same thing happens, judders and stalls.

Hey Jane, I’m re-downloading Witcher 3, once I have it installed I’ll be happy to try to trouble shoot with you, but just checking is your version the regular edition or the GOTY edition? also if you haven’t already I recommend joining the Wemod discord as there are also lots of helpful people there who may have had the same issue and be able to guide you to a solution.

Hi, its the Steam version with expansion packs included, I’ve u installed the game and wemod… Reinstalled both. Started the game from beginning. Most toggles seem to work now, money and weight still dodgy with the 999999 amount of things making too much weight. But what is making game unplayable is gameplay still judders and freezes, sometime for a short time and sometimes freezes permanently. Can’t shut down game for window or task manager… Have to shut down laptop to shut game down.

So I only played for about 15 minutes just to do some testing but I did notice some lag and tearing before I adjusted the graphics settings then it was smooth.

So my thinking is this may be a game issue not a WeMod issue. I’ll play around a bit more to see if I can figure out what exactly the issue is but I’m thinking it may be some graphic setting not playing well with either WeMod and or DX12. I believe one of the first things I turned off was ray tracing so maybe start there and or try lowering your graphics settings to low and see if that resolves the issue then step up the graphics until the issue returns.

I’ll be online and in the discord server this evening around 9pm est if you want to do some live troubleshooting.

1 Like

laptop info

Device name LAPTOP-KI666B46
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
Device ID 7B2BA2F4-53D0-4751-B5E8-F6ED0DE89768
Product ID 00325-96570-31164-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
windows info
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎11/‎02/‎2021
OS build 19045.3570
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0

The game plays perfectly when not using wemod in DX11, as soon as i link with wemod in DX12, it freezes the game… sometimes carries on for a moment or two then completely freezes some of the cheats work, some don’t… Then nothing will stop the game running, even though its frozen, only shutting down pc. I’m not very literate with pc commands etc, prior to this laptop in 2020 the last game i played was Resident Evil 1 on Playstation 1. Never played games on pc back then.
Thanks for the reply and assistance. Oh the game was purchased from Steam and includes both expansion packs.

I’ll test with dx11 when I get home, but it looks like you’re running right on the lower edge of the recommended specifications to run Witcher 3 so it’s possible that you don’t have enough memory for WeMod and Witcher 3 at the same time.

How come it worked perfectly before the patches and wemod updated? Now its unplayable with cheats on.?
Kind regards Jane

Likely one or both updated slightly increased the amount of memory each took up and reached the point where your system didn’t have enough memory for both. It’s not necessarily an insurmountable problem. There are a few things you can do to free up some memory like closing or stopping some background services to free up some memory and or adjusting in game settings to reduce the memory draw for it.

If you want to check on your own you can open task manager either by pressing Crtl+alt+delete the. Choosing task manager or by right clicking on the task bar and selecting task manager. It may come up in compact mode you can click to expand it in the lower right hand corner. From there you can check your available memory the. Boot up the game and see how much is remaining before opening and attaching WeMod. Generally you don’t want to go above 95% because the consumption will fluctuate a bit so you need wiggle room.

If your memory is running close to or at 100% then we can look at trimming some background processes to free some memory up.

Thanks for the advice, my son has just doubled the RAM to 16 and put an internal SSD 1TB drive in and updated drivers on graphics card, just to install the game and have wemod installed on it… (that’s how much i love this game) The game is running better, but still freezes quite regularly and has crashed on a few occasions, where its shut the game down completely. it appears to run fine with no mods, but lots of problems with, any idea how to stop it freezing and crashing…in layman terms if possible, as i don’t understand all tech talk… especially making changes to programs, but i can get my son to take a look if its technical.

Played it again tonight, On the lowest settings on the game display,The game takes about 5 minutes to load when resuming the game from start. At times It freezes every 2 or 3 seconds. Freezes everytime taking loot and everytime a quest is complete or after fast travel… Then i have to shut it all down again.

I haven’t got on the unlimited money, or items. Haven’t set money, weight toggle or selected item amount or anything after one hit kills. Horse stamina and fear doesn’t work. I’m really getting fed up with all this now… Went from a perfect working original game where mods worked perfectly to, to a updated game and updated mods and nothings working correctly.

software/hardware installed.

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)|
|Device ID|7B2BA2F4-53D0-4751-B5E8-F6ED0DE89768|
|Product ID|00325-96570-31164-AAOEM|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|No pen or touch input is available for this display|

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎09/‎11/‎2023
OS build 22631.2506
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0