Existence of "wemodauxiliaryservice.exe" even after quitting WeMod causes weird mouse movements

I noticed it when playing an online FPS game after playing a different game with WeMod. I can’t take a video of the mouse movement but essentially the camera movement basically goes like this:

- — - — - — - — - — -

instead of one smooth line.

When moving my mouse L>R or R>L. Really slow panning for a few cm then speeds up then slows again. Repeat. But it never matches what my actual mouse sensitivity is as far as I can tell.

I narrowed down the source of this “mouse glitch” to the persistence of an application running in the background named WeModAuxiliaryService.exe even after I have already quit WeMod. Simply ending the process removes the glitch without the need to restart my PC or game but I believe it shouldn’t affect my mouse in the first place.

Additionally, if I open another instance of WeMod (without ending the process the first instance left), another WeModAuxiliaryService.exe process pops up. It stacks to however many times I opened WeMod in a session.

May I ask what the purpose of this process is and is it really important to have it running in the background even when I’m not using WeMod or playing any games? Is there a way so that I don’t have to manually end this process every time I quit WeMod? Thanks.

Did you close WeMod from the tray? If not it will always be open in the background but I don’t see how it could cause the issues you are explaining.

1 Like

I set WeMod to quit whenever I press X (set Close to Tray settings to Off), so it doesn’t show up in the system tray at all.

Yeah, that’s what baffles me as well. Why would anything WeMod does affect my mouse. Lol.

Was it using a large amount of ram?

0.1% CPU and 0.1MB Memory

But in the event of multiple instances running, only one is “active” while the top ones (older) remain 0 for all.

It should been closed when the app was. Maybe @frank will have some more insight.

@WTFUser Do you run WeMod or your games as admin? I think there’s an issue with the process hanging around after being elevated.

That process is supposed to exit once the app disconnects from it. However, if it doesn’t, I don’t know why there would be mouse/performance issues. The process doesn’t do anything unless WeMod sends it a command. I’ll look into it further though–I could be missing something.

Thanks, @Chris!

@frank As far as I can tell, WeMod is being launched normally. I don’t have it on the shortcut properties to run it as admin nor do I get the prompt to allow it so. However, I do get a UAC prompt after I launch a game through WeMod which is probably because I have to launch a few games as admin.

I don’t know if this will be of any help but simply launching and closing WeMod or using it on a game without additional permission requirements works the way you intended (no lingering process). So what you said:

is most likely what’s triggering it.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for that info. I’m going to look into it.

1 Like

Hey @WTFUser, the latest beta build of the app includes a fix for this. Let me know if it works on your end! You can switch to the beta channel in app settings.

1 Like

Sweet. And it’s amazing how fast the resolution is. I’ll try it out for a few days then let you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, @frank!

Looks like I don’t need a few days. Lol. I tried it on 5 or 6 games I have installed that WeMod supports and even forced them all to launch as Admin. Also tried different ways of launching (launch game first then WeMod, launch game play game then WeMod, launch through WeMod), I haven’t seen any instance of a WeMod process still running after exit.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for testing so thoroughly! We’ll have these changes pushed to the stable channel soon.

1 Like