Freespace 2

Still holding out for Freespace 2 via Steam and GOG getting a trainer someday… maybe we’ll finally get infinite afterburner or speed increases… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! :slight_smile:

Trainers are only made if there is enough interest from the community in those games.

• WeMod automatically detects how many members have the game on their PCs.
  • Follow the game by clicking “Notify Me” on the game’s page in the WeMod desktop app. This helps the trainer developers to see how popular the game is and organises it into the update queue accordingly. And it keeps those interested notified if it enters development.
  • Pro users can boost games even further up the queue using the Pro-only boosting feature, if they wish to.
  • Learn more about how trainers are made or updated here: Game Queue & Boosts - WeMod Support

Bear in mind that the game was released 7 years ago now, so there is likely a much smaller active player base these days.

Yep! This forum post was more for generating interest from other users than anything for the moderators, sorry to take up your time.

Could you please advise what section of the forums would be appropriate to make a post trying to get people on board to adding a game to Wemod faves? In such a way that it won’t be a bother to moderators, like my post here unintentionally was?

Hello!

For reaching out to other gamers about a PC game, this forum section (PC Gaming) is already fine.
And your post was not a bother to anyone. If it was then the thread would have been locked so that nobody can post in it, so I’m not sure how you’re reaching that conclusion. My previous post simply explains to anybody who runs into this thread how to get a trainer made. :slight_smile:

You might have more luck generating interest for a trainer by posting in official and fan-made communities for the game.

Thanks! You did nothing wrong, I think it was just me taking your words the wrong way and being worried that I did something that wasn’t… Illegal, but more like rude or annoying or inappropriate

Because my initial intent was to get other free space to fans into voting for this game, or I guess now with the new system hitting notify me to show interest