Gamestop Gift Cards and Taxes?

So I went to gamestop today and bought me a $5 giftcard and heard you can buy $5 cards off the gamestop site so I went on there and tried to use my gift to buy it and it has alittle red x by my giftcard number…
and it wont let me check out…
what gives? Is the final price more the $5 even?
I just need the $5 code so I can buy my women something nice on the market place. (For more then $5 of course. .I am not that cheap)

So your trying to buy a gift card with a gift card? The final price should be shown to you and it would tell you if you needed more money…

Are you sure the gift card is activated? And why the hell are you trying to buy a gift card with a gift card? I hope you aren’t smoking crack with that 43 cents I gave you last night.

Shhhh no. I bought a 43 cent hooker with that kinda money man. Geez. I have standards. But no you see. I bought me a giftcard at gamestop and put $5 on it and I asked the guy at the counter if I buy this will I be able to put the $5 on my account and buy a game with it from the market place. He said yes but I would first have to buy a $5 worth of points for the gamestop site but all I can find is the $5 gift card on there. And I cant use the giftcard anywhere else beside the gamstop store.
and use I called and checked my balance and the money is on there.

EDIT
Tried it again from my computer this time and it worked…
Well ok then…

Just call GameStop and ask them then… He probably meant you need to use the gift card to buy points on the XBL Marketplace (which i thought they got rid of).