GTA V Original Discs Unrecognized

Hi guys new to the forum hope you can help

I’ve got an Xbox 360 with RGH been working fine for a few years, 2TB external HDD hooked up, never had an issue playing original games or backing up and GOD’ing games to external HDD.

Bought GTA V the other day, insert disc 1 (or 2) and get ‘Unrecognized disc’ error - WTF!!

Has anyone run into this? I’ve been and exchanged it for another copy, same issue.

Is it the console because it has RGH? Is it something else?

I’m using FSD currently to copy both discs using DVD Extract to the external HDD and they’re copying to HDD fine. Once they’re both copied to the HDD (internal or external) what can I do from there to install them and play?

I normally use ISO2GOD.

This is driving me crazy. Normally I use the standard dashboard to install disc to internal, run ISO2GOD then move to external HDD. But I don’t even get the option to install on standard dashboard so I’m copying both discs using FSD.

Can someone pls help!? If someone can let me know how to get it to work I’ll write up a tutorial if one doesn’t exist as surely there are others in the same boat.

PLLLEASE HELP I want to play this farking game so bad haha. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the site!

You are most likely just missing the installed content which must be manually transferred/injected from Disc 1 to your internal hard drive.

Then launch game from Disc 2.

Hey thanks for the quick reply

I can’t even install normally though because trying to launch disc 1 or 2 normally using NXE dashboard just gets disc unrecognized error.

So copying both discs to external using FSD - what do I do next? Both discs will shortly be copied onto the external HDD using FSD but unsure where to proceed to get this darn game working.

What do I copy from the contents of disc 1 and/or 2 to where?

Is anyone able to provide a step by step?

I’ve got an Xbox 360 with RGH been working fine for a few years, 2TB external HDD hooked up, never had an issue playing original games or backing up and GOD’ing games to external HDD.

Bought GTA V the other day, insert disc 1 (or 2) and get ‘Unrecognized disc’ error - WTF!!

Has anyone run into this? I’ve been and exchanged it for another copy, same issue.

Is it the console because it has RGH? Is it something

please follow for project runway season 12 episode 10

https://www.wemod.com/forum/16-xbox-360-profile-gamesave-modding/152582-rgh-profile-help/p1312346.html#post1312346

How do I get the disc ISOs to extract though? PC disc drive won’t read it, and all I can do from the Xbox is use ‘Copy DVD to Harddrive’ using FSD.

You should be able to just plug your external HDD into your PC and find the directories for the extracted discs, made by FSD, using your PC.

Really though, you just need to copy the “545408A7” folder from Disc 1, to [i]HDD1:\Content\0000000000000000[/i] using the File Manager in FSD.

Think he means he can’t get the ISO off the disc onto his pc.

Ok I’m using FSD to copy discs to external HDD under ‘GAMES’ folder where all other games are stored. Have a folder in there called GTA V then DISC 1 and DISC 2.

Disc 2 is copying now but is stuck on 73% (for about 20mins) so cancelled and trying again.

Will then plug external HDD into PC and see what I can see. What am I doing from there though? This is completely different to what I usually do so I don’t have a clue.

I can post a pic when it’s finished of the contents of each disc folder if easier.

I tried this, then ran NXE2GOD and it found nothing.

From there, you may just prefer to copy the files found in the content folder on Disc 1, to a USB stick using Horizon. Then just copy/move them all to your internal HDD via the NXE dash. Just like you would transfer a saved game.

You should kinda know a little bit about Xbox directory structures on your internal HDD, before getting into RGH’s. I suggest spending some time exploring your RGH’s other capabilities as well. ie. FTP, File Manager…

NXE2GOD simply converts games installed via the NXE dash, to “cracked” versions which no longer require the disc to be inserted. This is irrelevant when copying with FSD. No idea why you are using that…

Yea I’m familiar with the folder structure as I’ve backed up and got about 20 games on the external HDD from original discs.

Just this one has thrown a spanner in the works as I can’t do my normal first step of installing the disc(s) using NXE dashboard - so I’m completely lost.

So once disc 1 and 2 are copied using FSD to the external HDD, can someone please advise where to go from there? There are multiple files and folders and subfolders, what goes where and how do I convert (if needed) to GOD because with disc 1 copied to external HDD games folder NXE2GOD wouldn’t find anything

EDIT: Dash version 3.0b Rev483, Kernel version 2.0.14699.0

Ok disc 1 has:

common
content
sfx
audio_rel.rpf
common.rpf
default.xex
disc1.rsn
install_music.wma
nxeart
xbox360a.rpf
xbox360b.rps

Disc 2 has:

common
sfx
audio_rel.rpf
common.rpf
default.xex
nxeart
xbox360a.rpf
xbox360b.rpf

What next? :-/

Extract them 4 then put on USB or HDD

As above.

They aren’t compressed though… they are copied using FSD DVD Extract tool, the aren’t in ISO format. They are in folder/file format.

Yes I can find USB0:\GAMES\gta v\disc 1\content\00000000\00000002 with the 4 files inside. So can this not stay on external HDD (USB0)?

What about disc 2? Where does everything go? Disc 2 has no content folder.

So to put it simply. I used FSD DVD Extract tool to extract DISC 1 to USB0:\GAMES\GTA V\DISC 1, the exact same for DISC 2 but to DISC 2 folder.

My question is… now what??

You might need to update your dash. Also have you changed your KV? Maybe by doing that you changed the DVD number so it won’t read discs,

I’ve connected FSD to the net and it didn’t find any updates. What is a KV? Haven’t heard of it and don’t think it’s been changed. All other discs I put in, backed up and originals, work fine.

Your KV is your id that Xbox recognizes when you connect to live. What dash you on?

Have never used Xbox live, xbox is never connected to the net except when update covers on FSD

As previously mentioned FSD dash version 3.0b rev 483, kernel version 2.0.14699.0

Any ideas?

Only thing I would do is update to the latest dash. Otherwise I have no idea

It doesn’t give any updates in the menu… and can’t be the dash version because that wouldn’t effect NXE not being able to play it would it??