Halo: The Master Chief Collection's Ranking System Detailed

Halo studio 343 Industries has revealed new details on how the online multiplayer ranking system works in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

“Each playlist within Halo: The Master Chief Collection uses an independent skill-based ranking system that is identical to the leveling system from the original Halo 2,” the studio told IGN. "The system uses the same exact XP requirements as the original Halo 2; players will earn XP when they win and lose XP when they lose, and total XP will determine their rank. You will have a skill-based ranking per each playlist; we ultimately decided not to have a ‘master’ ranking across all four games combined, given that player skill and approach varies radically between game chapters.

“Additionally, we’ve also modified matchmaking to use skill detection, which will put players into the fairest matches faster than any Halo game to date,” a studio spokesperson continued. “In ranked hoppers, players will be evaluated after each match and can go up or down in ranks depending on how well they perform. Social matches will also be available for players who prefer a more relaxed play experience.”

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/29/halo-the-master-chief-collections-ranking-system-detailed-ign-first?watch=true

Seems cool, I hope the ranks are more halo reach and halo 2 style, halo 4’s sucked

Well halo reach had the exact same ranking structure as halo 4. I had both of my ranks maxed out on both games, except for halo 2 and 3. And in case you were wondering, this was before I started here on horizon so both of my ranks were legit.

i always loved the halo 2 ranking system. might get an xbone just for this game

So that means maybe, just maybe, I will see you on the Halo battlefield next month?

Like with the Xbox 360, Halo will be the reason I upgrade to the X1!

I would love to see them bring back the old Halo 2 emblems.

Walking around wearing the mark of shame. Lol.

Yes, I’ve love to rock my H3 emblem…wasn’t able to get it correctly in Reach or H4.

General Idea

Halo 2 ranking system was the best one of them all. Hardest to achieve certain ranks even when you’re first starting out it was a pain to get to a level 20.

Best ranking system out of any game I’ve ever played. Can’t wait to grind for a level 50, gonna be tough. My life will be over for a while.

Ya’ll can find me on Halo 2 in these launch playlists:

Team Halo 2: Anniversary
Team Slayer
Halo 2 Classic
SWAT (Rotational)

Might start with Halo 1 to run all the campaigns in order for each game, but after that I will probably solely be playing Halo 2 multiplayer. Easily the best out of them all. Excited for some Halo 1 multiplayer over Live for the first time too!

doubtful. i dont have $400 to pony up for the console lol

Dude, retailers have been cuttin the prices down to like $250 for the One with a game and everything. Go look into it, I know that’s still a lot but idk how long this will last for, might wanna capitalize on it. Might require trading in your 360 tho

i highly doubt that. at least where i live. the production costs on the xbox one (with kinect) is about $450, so probably around $350 if that, then they sell to retailers for only about $30 more. so those retailers would be loosing loads of money dropping it to that price. i think the lowest they’re going to be is about $350 when they said it would be dropped, then maybe another 10% via coupons

I thought the price cut went from $400 to $350? The original was $500, without the kinect it went to $400, then with the holiday season price cut it brought the price down to $350.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/after-xbox-one-price-drop-will-microsoft-rule-holi/1100-6423213/

That sounds right, but then at least with Gamestop and a few others (Amazon) you get a guaranteed $100 for trading in your 360. So $250.

With all these price cuts I wish I would’ve waited to get my Xbox One :confused:

Same here, but then I wouldnt have had the chance to get the day one edition of the console.

As hyped as I am for this game as I was 10 years ago, I sadly can’t afford to get an xbox one atm, but I’ll still be showing up for my copy day one and aim for the console for around Christmas seeing that’s when I’ll be getting my bonus and rocking Halo 2 on the new casual players.

I’ll be mostly on the Halo 2 multiplayer for sure, but seeing that Halo 3 will be run on dedicated servers, I’m REALLY curious as to how it’ll play seeing that one of the worst experiences of H3 was playing on a bad host.

Edit: This is totally off-topic, but I really need to start posting more often again, hahah.

I cannot wait for this!! Got my copy pre-ordered & my console will be here a day or so before the game is out. Ranking system is perfect, finally none of that you win or lose gain XP nonsense.