Having connection issues for the last 3 months

Hi I’m Wolfie and I use Wemod on my PC and everything use to run fine till an update and now I can’t seem to get it to connect even when I have great wifi connection. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I’ve tried to AVP and still nothing. I was wondering if someone could possibly help me. Thanks

Hello Wolfie! I’m not from WeMod staff but I will try to help u.

Did you try to disable your anti-virus? Sometimes it can blocks WeMod services. If you already done that, try to use cable connection to test if it’s your internet connection or something with WeMod.

Another solution can be to change your firewall rules to allow WeMod app everytime to bypass.

1 Like

I have tried running it with them off and even added to my list of ok programs to run. But I will definitely try it with the cable to see if it helps. Thank you.

You’re welcome mate! Try cable connection, if doesn’t work come back here and tell us!

Oh, I forgot to say something important in the previously answer about the Firewall, only add WeMod app to your list of allowed programs (public & private), NEVER disable the entire Firewall.

1 Like

Hello @Wolfgurl1993 and welcome to the community. :wave::slight_smile:

Generally, things like this are caused by a security program on your computer or network, though not always, even if it was fine with WeMod before.
The fact that it occurred after an update is telling me, personally, that a security program that was fine with WeMod previously has now decided to have an issue with it, for some reason.

Firstly, turn your router off, and leave it off for at least one minute. Then turn it back on and try WeMod again. I know this sounds “too simple”, but it has resolved slightly similar issues before.

And if you are using a VPN service, disable it and try WeMod without it.

Here’s a troubleshooting post that goes through all the steps to try: "Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game" / "We’re having trouble downloading the cheats" - #2 by Ravenfyre. The title is different to your specific issue, but all the steps are the same. :slight_smile:

After doing all of the steps in that post, if there’s still an issue:

• What antivirus program do you use?
  • What exactly does the error message that you get say?
  • Use WeMod until it fails. Go into your settings (click the cog wheel in the top-right). Then download the log and upload it in a reply to this post by pressing the upload button on the toolbar (see image below). I’ve given your account permission to upload files in the forum.

Thank you and have a great day/afternoon/evening. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WeMod-1677020294440.log (12.9 KB)

This is what happens when I try opening Wemod normally. I have pictures as well of what it looks like a when I run it as Admin on my laptop.

I uploaded the Log as well as pictures so you can get some idea of what is going on, on my end.

Nothing in the log file seems to suggest there was anything wrong with loading the WeMod assets, though I could’ve missed something while scrolling through it. I’m sure @Ravenfyre will check it out as well.

Just to check, after making sure the folders below are added to your antivirus’ exception list, have you tried uninstalling WeMod, adding the installer to your antivirus’ exception list, then re-installing WeMod?

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\WeMod
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\WeMod

Yes I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled idk how many times now and I’ve double checked that it’s added to the safe list as well.

Probably it’s a problem with your wifi connection.

Did you test with cable connection? You didn’t say the result about testing with cable!

Best Regards.