Horizon and your Xbox LIVE Account

I’m wondering the same thing. I don’t want to break any rules or cheat or anything. I just want to play user-made Minecraft Xbox 360 Maps.

I’ve hacked the Wii and I’ve used a flash cartridge on my DSI with no problems or fear. But the xbox 360? I’m terrified to touch that! If my Xbox Live profile got banned I might just sit down and cry! Lol.

Some people seemed to have some questions from a month or so ago, so I’ll try to answer them to as far as my knowledge goes.

Offline profile you’ll have 0 issues with while modding. It really all depends on what you’re going to bring online. A modded avatar color? That’s a red flag, watch for that. Modding achevis? While I’m not sure how it works, you should be fine as timestamps are not applied(As far as I’m aware) to your achevis if you are offline. So if the account has been an offline account forawhile, they have no proof if it has been modded… Except for the order in which achievements were unlocked.

I wouldn’t worry. There’s a small chance you’ll get caught. I know it took me a year to a year and a half after I modded my gamerscore by about 60k, which they reset me completely. Some people mod hundreds and never get caught, some mod one achevi and get caught.

This is really something I would say you have a 0.01% chance to get banned over. You basically can’t get caught, unless they wanted to look into your account and your avatar items.

While you may think it’s no reason, there is ALWAYS a reason. They had issues with their banning system like once if I remember, which was corrected. I’ve never seen a user unbanned after they were banned and tried to appeal it. They get caught or anything and everything, marketplace theft, scamming, abusing ingame glitches ect.

Now onto the most recent questions… Don’t worry! What you’re doing is merely a “Save game” rehash/resign. This seriously does 0 harm. Microsoft does not monitor game saves, unless they’re server sided saves like Happy Wars, and it does not matter at all if you mod them! Single player, mod away. That’s really what Horizon was made for - Having fun and modding your singe player games to have even more fun!

I’m going to guess you looked into map swapping, and you simply put into Horizon, change IDs, and then rehash and resign. Put onto USB/HDD, and done. Simple as that, and you get to try out custom user made maps. Microsoft, and I guarantee this, will never catch you nor care if you do this.

On the note of getting your account banned, I feel the same way. This is why I stopped JTag mods and lobbys. Single player game save mods is the way I go now.

Okay. Thanks. :smile:

I’m just so terrified I’m going to get banned. Especially for something as simple as playing a map not made by me!
I’ll probably end up hacking the maps in. I just want to know one more thing. Has anyone ever. And I mean EVER. In ALL of HISTORY. Been banned for hacking an offline save? Like, what if I hack an offline save on a flash drive, then load some legit saves from that same flash drives in a online profile? Would Microsoft be able to detect that?

I guess I’m just too nervous. I need to just relax and go for it. But it’s just that even though I hacked the Wii and the DSi before, those consoles never really went online. True, they could. The wii went online all the time for apps and for the dreaded software update (which, btw, my hacked wii survived! :smiley:). But they weren’t essentially always connected like the xbox 360. You didn’t have an online account with friends and achievements that could get your whole console banned. There were just a couple apps that has the ability to connect to the internet.

Thanks for re-assuring me. I’m just a big scardy-cat I guess. XD

Offline modding is safe. If you are that scared of being banned, don’t mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I’m only that scared of modding on the xbox as I’ve never done it before, Microsoft is known for over-using the ban hammer, and the xbox is a very ‘online’ console. I’m not scared of hacking or modding in general. :wink:

In any case I’m downloading a map to put on my xbox now anyway. So, I’m trusting you guys. Hope I do this right. XD

omg I just got a Xbox Live gold code and I can’t believe it actually worked! If you want one here: http://xblg.cardcodes.net

So, do you think it would be safe to mod a game such as Fallout 3? Since it’s single player and only I am the one viewing what is going on?

Fallout 3 would be fine, its mostly online and profile mods(includes achievements) that microsoft cares about, anything offline you are 99.9% ok

Microsoft picked me up for using the Gamerscore editor. Watch out people! I only changed my gamerscore from 8 thousand and odd to just over 9 thousand and odd…

does microsoft ban consoles or accounts for modding achievements? Are they still banning people at all with the new system out? cuz my new account is only around 6k gamerscore) but i’d like to unlock enough achievements to be around 60k.

What if you mod same game data in your profile? Like Salvage in Red Faction Armageddon. Or E-99 in Singularity? Or Enable invincibility in COD:BO Campaign?

Helpful thread

I just bought Horizon Diamond How do i Download it?

Just download Horizon from the site, and log in with your forum username & password. Should unlock all the diamond tools that way.

it says that horizon is offline. How do i fix this?

Thank You, very informative and to the point.
Hope everyone takes the time to read it (all) before posting silly questioins.
:thumbsup:

i see what u did

Nice Information Cody:thumbsup:

Hi there, i cannot get latest version install which is 2.8.4.0 on my laptop. I have installed 2.7.9.0 and every time it says upgrade to latest version i click on that buy nothing happens and also i am stuck offline. Please help