Horizon Support | Ultimate Help Thread

hi

• Type of Problem : Not Loading, Nothing Happening after double clicking
    • Antivirus/Firewall : Avast/none
    • Errors : None
    • Extra Information : None… no errors, anything. i try run horizon on my 3 pc’s but it won’t run on anyone, i fiound on internet ol vesion (v1.1.0.7) and it run but it upadtes automatically. and it won’t run again :confused:
      sorry for my bad english

i dont see why people think running as administrator works if you knew anything about computers you would know all it does is run it like youre the administrator of the computer it doesnt change anything

i didn’t write that running as admin helped/not helped me…

From what you put in your first post for your AntiVirus/Firewall, you’ve got Avast. Please uninstall it, or upgrade to Avast 6.0 Beta, then it should work fine. If you want to keep your current version, uninstall the Behavior Shield.

i uninstall avast and it still doesn’t work. in task manger it’s coming up to 35-47k and it disappear :confused:

on my laptop(XP.32bit) it runs fine but on my desktop(win7.64bit) the screen flashes but it dont start. both avast antivirus.

mscorwks.dll causes APPCRASH
Windows 7 service pack 1 (64bit)
AVG
I just installed a new copy of Windows 7 and this does not seem to like Horizon ?. I have installed dot.net fix latest version and re-downloaded Horizon, with no joy.

Here is a link to the error:hxxp://i56.tinypic.com/27zxbur.jpg

@sativa303 :
Had the same issue here.

Tried everything and finally got it working by removing SP1.

I’m not sure SP1 is 100% the cause, because some members can run horizon with it.
The c000005 error you’re getting seems to be memory management related, like me.

Thanks ZeroDegre, I just installed a copy of 7 with SP1 recently, gonna go back to my old copy :smile:

You can uninstall it from
Control Pannel > Remove Software > (left part) “show installed unpdates”

From here select the “Windows Service Pack” and click uninstall.

Hope this will do the job for you too.

• Type of Problem : Will not open, get error message, see errors below, kaspersky sends it to the Quarantine
  • Antivirus/Firewall : Windows Firewall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
  • Errors : Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
  • Extra Information : Kaspersky eats HorizonBeta.exe but can not digest becuase it doesn’t have an a***. AKA it get sent Quarantine.

I can’t help you with Kaspersky, I posted on their forums about Horizon being sent to the quarantine. They told me to upload it to online Virus thing, and they sent me an email back saying it clean. They don’t know why it get Quarantined.

Try and add it to Kaspersky’ White List, or what ever it’s called. Then try it!

What is white list?

Where the anti-virus doesn’t take notice or a infection/false positive file, e.g Horizon.

Make’s a exception in your security for certain programs.

• Type of Problem : Not Loading, Nothing Happening after double clicking
  • Antivirus/Firewall : AVG
  • Extra Information : None

Please download this .reg file, run it and then try opening Horizon.

HorizonFix.reg

• Type of Problem : Instant crash each time the Horizonbeta.exe is run.
  • Antivirus/Firewall : Avast (with behavior shield removed)
  • Extra Information :
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Horizon Beta.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.7.1
    Application Timestamp: 00000038
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_e142
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00cfa088
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: e142
    Additional Information 2: 83c23f4cea4c708cf801c8d2cbfe3c21
    Additional Information 3: 44a1
    Additional Information 4: 5ba2a4431441030c32d803d94d43d04f

*Type of problem : i have no idea, it just stops responding once i download Horizon beta.exe and try to open it… im clueless… am i even in right area?
*Antivirus/Firewall : windows defender and Microsoft sucruity essentials.
*Errors : Stops responding
*Extra info : None

Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed? If not, please install and try again. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

If it still doesn’t work, post back!

Thanks