Horizon Troubleshooting

Horizon Troubleshooting
So, before posting any problems, bugs, or issues you may have with Horizon I strongly advise you take a look here. These are common issues Horizon users may experience. I’ll try my best to keep it up to date. If you have a problem and know a solution be sure to PM me and I’ll add it. We’re a community here so let’s work together.

Download the easier to read version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?k50o94p730rr5vm

Problem:
Horizon won’t start up or goes un-responsive when I run it.

Solution(s):

1. Try installing the .NET Framework. By default these are included with updates for Windows 7. Sometimes users do not have it installed though.
    You can download the .NET Framework here:Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

2. Is UAC disabled? This is for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users only. Open your Start menu and type “User Account Control” and make sure the slider is all the way down. A restart is required.
    NOTE: This has the same effect as “Run as Administrator”.

3. Is Horizon being blocked by an anti-virus or firewall? Anti-virus software like Malware Bytes, Norton, Avast, etc. are known to conflict with the Horizon application. For trouble shooting purposes add Horizon to the exceptions or disable your firewall/anti-virus while using Horizon.

4. Have you installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 lately? (Also known as SP1) If so please re-download Horizon. Older versions will not be able to update on Service Pack 1 machines.
    You can download Horizon here: http://bit.ly/lV5Xhm

5. Make sure you Horizon download is not corrupt, or broken. To do this you’ll need to verify the MD5 hash. To calculate the MD5 hash you can download an application to check it. The software is called “MD5 Check”. Simply run the application and click “Browse” and choose your Horizon download, then click “Calculate”.
    The Horizon MD5 hash should be: C6700840E15DAF5D803AEA15E45CB04F
    Download MD5 Check here: MD5 Check Download - Softpedia
    Problem:
    I’ve modded my years on Xbox LIVE (Crown) but it doesn’t show up for me or friends.

Solution(s):

1. Have you recovered your profile since modding your crown? Recovering your profile clears your modded crown. So to make sure it shows up once you mod your crown, throw it back on your hard drive and it should be fine. Again, every time you recover you have to re-mod your crown.

Problem:
My modded crown can be seen by me but not my friends.

Solution(s):

1. When modding your crown Horizon should auto-sync the data with Xbox LIVE. Sometimes it may not, to re-sync simply go to your avatar, change something and save and exit. This should take care of the issue.

Problem:
I added games to my profile and they aren’t showing up.

Solution(s):

1. At times your profile may experience some syncing issues with the Xbox LIVE server. One of the most common fixes is to just recover your profile. The games should show up now.

2. Did you make sure you actually added them to your profile? Adding games to your profile with Horizon is a two-step process, adding them to the queue, and adding them to your profile. Please make sure you add them to your profile!

3. If all else fails, just try re-adding them.

Problem:
I modded my Gamerscore but it’s not showing up on my profile.

Solution(s):

1. First, check on Xbox.com if your achievements is there it means the sync process isn’t complete. Recover your account and your achievements should be there.

2. If the achievements are unlocked on Xbox.com but not on your profile it could also mean your profile was corrupted during the modding process. Again, recover your profile.

Problem:
I modded my profile in Horizon and I don’t have a Gamerpicture, zone, etc.

Solution(s):

1. This means your profile has been corrupted. Recover it and everything should be good.
    The most common reason for this is you didn’t rehash and resign when you modded your profile.
    NOTE: ALWAYS rehash and resign. Maybe do it twice?

2. Make sure you don’t rename your profile or anything in your profile on your HDD. The number assigned to it must remain the same for your Xbox to recognize it. Same goes for .GPDs.

3. Also keep in mind USB sticks can corrupt profiles. If you are using a USB drive and you see that your profile is corrupting quite often please use another device.

Problem:
Horizon starts in offline mode, even though I’m connected to the internet.

Solution(s):

1. Is XboxMB.com down? Horizon communicates with the XboxMB server, so if XboxMB is down, Horizon will start in offline mode.

2. Can you access XboxMB.com? Your firewall or anti-virus software may be blocking this site. To check if it is your firewall you can use Down for Just Me or Everyone. If it is just you please disable your anti-virus and/or firewall software for the time being. Or add Horizon and XboxMB to the exception list.
    Check if XboxMB is down for you or everyone: http://bit.ly/l5UQWo

Problem:
I went to add a billion Halo: Reach credits and it doesn’t work.

Solution(s):

1. Due to the fact Bungie has profile checks and what not you can only earn 1,000 offline cR a day. Again this is a limitation that Bungie sets, not Horizon. Only add one thousand a day.

Problem:
I can’t find my Halo: Reach campaign save, why is it not labeled?

Solution(s):

1. To find your save simply look at the size. Your campaign save will be between 9 and 13MB large. This is what you’ll open in the Reach tool.

Problem:
I modded my game save in Horizon and it doesn’t work/it freezes my game.

Solution(s):

1. Did you rehash and resign your save? This is crucial.

2. Did you re-inject it into the proper directory? To be sure that you did use Horizon’s “Save to Device” feature.

3. Make sure the appropriate profile ID and console ID are assigned to the save.
    Last Updated: 6/4/2011 @ 2:42AM

Other notes:
-If you didn’t find your answer, don’t hesitate to make a thread for support.
Request support here: xboxmb.com/support
-Found a bug? Please report it!
Report a bug here: http://bit.ly/m9K7Xj

Well that’s it for now, I’m tired but I wanted to get the base of this help. Feel free to add to this thread by replying.

Such a try hard, but this is why we love you.

Last Updated: 6/4/2012 @2:42AM

I thought I’d be the ass to point out the date fail :wink: < 3

God! you want that new medal so bad!

Fixing formatting issues. Going to ***** about ******* blocks.

Nice thread, very helpful, but as previously pointed out, we know why you made it.

I apologize, but I did say it was a helpful thread, and I will refer to it if and when I have an issue with Horizon.
As well, I never meant to discredit you, a helpful thread is a helpful thread, regardless of the motivation.

Edit: The links are broken.

And the Badge goes to cody!

P.S.- Love the Links! lol

I do this **** all the time. I was working on a Horizon guide before this badge was announced. Please don’t reply if you don’t have anything better to say.

They’re giving it to numerous members…

Nice Post… But check the links(they are **** out) and check the type errors… a lot of them… but this is VERY helpful and will help a lot of people out! good job!

You so would.

You should add that USB instability can cause your profile to be corrupt. Like pulling it out while logged in or have a corrupted USB.

Will do!
Formatting and bit.ly links fixed btw.

Bump.
Why did this thread die so quick? It’s a good, helpful thread.

I don’t know, but it feels bad man ):

Nice thread you have here, Cody. I will use this if I run into any problems.

Problem:
Horizon won’t start up or goes un-responsive when I run it.

1. Make sure you Horizon download is not corrupt, or broken. To do this you’ll need to verify the MD5 hash. To calculate the MD5 hash you can download an application to check it. The software is called “MD5 Check”. Simply run the application and click “Browse” and choose your Horizon download, then click “Calculate”.
    The Horizon MD5 hash should be: C6700840E15DAF5D803AEA15E45CB04F
    Download MD5 Check here: MD5 Check Download - Softpedia

my code is awhole lot differnt then the one said so im really confused

Here’s my code I got from MD5: A1AFBAA5E3DDB3C2BD69161175600D8C

is that how it is soposed to be?

That is the same code as mine. The latest build of Horizon.

Very detailed and should resolve allot of issues for people.

Yeah md5 code may change fairly often. This part will require constant updates.