Horizon will not start, tried everything

I’ve seen at least a dozen threads saying the exact same thing I am seeing, and have tried every…single…thing they suggest.

When I start Horizon, I see it load until the splash screen comes up, then it just disappears. Inside the task manager, the process loads about 75k into memory, then just ends. NO errors, no nothing.

I have .net 4.5.2, I ran it without my firewall and antivirus, and I have a clear IP out.

Any ideas?

You also need .Net Framework 3.5, Horizon requires 3.5 to startup, that is why Horizon is not starting up, so download 3.5 from the link below.

Download .Net Framework 3.5

Thank you for the quick reply.

I’m running windows 7 (should have mentioned that). .net 3.5.1 is completely installed under the “turn features on or off” in the program and features Control panel applet.

Anything else?

Have you checked for Windows updates lately? If you didn’t and if you don’t know how to follow the steps below.

Step 1: Click the start button tab and go to “Control Panel.”
Step 2: In the “Search Control Panel” search for “Windows Update”
Step 3: You will get an icon like this:
Step 4: Click that and you will see an option that says “Check for updates” click that and you will be brought to a screen that looks similar to this: [details=Open Me][/details]
Step 5: If you have any updates to install click “Install Updates” and this should fix your problem.

Keep me updated, if this doesn’t fix your problem I am more than happy to help you through Teamviewer.

I did in fact check windows updates, which was still set to auto update like I set it during the install. The only three I’m lacking are optional driver updates that I know break more than they fix. (two Display drivers, one for the NIC)

I have a feeling this has an easy answer…I am just not seeing it

Let me try fixing the problem hands on through Teamviewer.

Teamviewer is a program that let’s me take control of your computer to help you with your problem. The program is 100% safe you can stop me from controlling your computer at anytime.

Download Teamviewer