How do games get picked?

How do games get picked? If I remember correctly. At one time in the past. There were coins/points you could earn/buy to put on games you wanted to see a cheat made for. Now how are games picked to get cheats/trainers made for them?

I know there are points now you can use to kinda boost already picked games. But say I would like to see Shantai 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition get a trainer made for it or at least put on the list. Is there a way?

Sorry if general was not the right place for this. It seemed like the best forum section to put it in.

Hello!

How trainers are updated or developed

Trainers are made or updated based on their current popularity within the community via a democratic system. This is determined by:

1. How many WeMod members have the game installed. The WeMod software detects this automatically.

2. How many WeMod members are following the game by clicking “Notify Me” on the game’s page in the WeMod software. And how many have the game added to their favourites in WeMod (by clicking the star icon next to the trainer’s name).

3. The number of boosts put into the game by Pro members to boost it further up the development queue when it appears there due to being determined as popular via the previous points.

Learn more about this system here: Game Queue & Boosts - WeMod Support.

What happens when a game is updated

When a game is updated, WeMod detects the update automatically and alerts the WeMod testing team. This means there’s no need for the trainer developers to rely on being informed by community members (as reports are often incorrect due to other issues on the user side, such as cracked or unsupported store versions).

The trainer is then tested to work out what is broken by the update and how, then this information is relayed to the trainer developer, to speed up the process of the update a bit more.
Once confirmed as broken, the trainer will then appear in the development or update queue depending in its democratic popularity, explained above.

Old voting system - prior to 2021

The old voting system you (the OP) are referring to was removed back in January. It was not great at determining a game’s popularity because one or two people could easily buy all the required number of votes, causing trainers for games with more active users but less votes to take slightly longer to update or make. The newer system we have now makes updating and building new trainers fairer and more democratic by basing it on overall popularity within the community.

1 Like