How to: Connecting 360 Slim HDD to PC

Hey!

I’m not sure how many of you out there already know this, but if you have a 360 “slim” your not out of luck when it comes to connecting your hard drive to your computer. I recently went and picked up one of these Amazon.com: Vantec CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Supports 2.5-Inch, 3.5-Inch, 5.25-Inch Hard Disk Drives (Black): Electronics for about $20.00 usd. There are some cheaper ones on amazon but the build quality isn’t as solid as this one, but to each there own.

Any who…

All you have to do once you get it is hook all the cables up, plug both the power and sata cables into the 360 hard drive, then make sure the power switch is in the ON position (its located on the cable itself). After all that you should be able to load it right up in Xport360 and mod your brains out.

Hope this helps out some other slim owners that didn’t already know about this :smile: Happy Modding. (also if this isn’t the right forum for this please do let me know.)

this sucks that you’ll have to buy a new cable but many people are probally wodnering about this, good find

USB modding seems to have taken place of modding directly from the HDD, but usefull post regardless.

Good find thanx:thumbsup:

o thats helps lol

Only for it’s convenience but I must say HDD mods are a lot better